Boost Locked My Unlocked Phone and Will NOT Unlock It

Highlighted
Accomplice

Boost Locked My Unlocked Phone and Will NOT Unlock It

I purchased a Galaxy S7 from a private party and activated it on Boost in January of this year.  The actual service started another 6 or 8 months before that with a different phone.  The phone was a Sprint branded phone that was unlocked.  Boost has told me false information many times about being able to disable voicemail or extending the ring time so that I can use Google Voice without problems.  I could not continue to use the phone on Boost's service for these reasons.

The boost store recommended that I cancel the service on that phone so that I could take the phone to another carrier and that there should not be any problem, because it was an unlocked phone (I still have service on another phone for now), and when I tried to take the phone to another carrier I was told that Boost had locked my unlocked phone and that they would not unlock it because I had not had that particular phone on the account for over a year.  I have used other Sprint MVNO’s like Ting that do not use illegal and dishonest tactics like this, and allow you to bring phones in and out of service without penalty.  I did not expect that Boost would ever do this!

Sprint told me that locking a previously unlocked phone is actually a violation of prepaid service.

I have spent over 6 hours going back and forth between Boost's store, their phone service, Sprint's store, and the new carrier's store.

I am so frustrated by Boost's lack of service and deceitful business practices that I am getting to my wit's end!  I am reaching out here before pursuing more aggressive measures.  Please help me unlock my phone!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @sir_rob! So sorry you feel this way. We'd like to help you by looking into the phone past records in order to determine what can be done about this situation. Would you mind sending us a private message for further assistance?

Highlighted
Accomplice

Sure. What is the best way to do that?
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @sir_rob! Follow these steps:

• Click on the user name of the Social care agent. You will be taken to their profile.
  •  Click the "Send this User a Private Message" located on the right hand side.  
  • Type your message in the new window and click Send.
Highlighted
Groupie
Groupie

They are doing the same thing to me and basically they are stealing