5 bars, 4 bars, No service

Highlighted
Accomplice

5 bars, 4 bars, No service

Hi,

I received my iphone se last night and turned it on.  It immediately had 5 bar signal strength, then went to 4 bars, then went to "no service".

I have not activated it yet as I won't keep it if I can't get a good enough signal out at my house.  Somebody here checked my address already and told me that I should get a good signal.

But what gives?  If it initially showed 5 and 4 bars, does that mean that's the signal it actually got without being activated and then went to no service because it's not activated, and if so can I expect to be getting the signal strength that it initially showed upon turning it on (4 to 5 bars)?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Agent

Hi. The phone needs to be activated to receive the signal for our network. The initial signal was due to the boot up of the device. One the device is activated you would receive the signal  available. Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks for the reply.  I guess I'm going to have to take a chance and give the first month fees to see if it's going to get a signal at home or not.

Highlighted
Agent

Please send us a private message with your full address to verify the coverage in your area. Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

Did that yesterday, was told "that you've Good coverage area when it comes to Voice and Data. We can also see that there two outages close to you. You shouldn't have any issues with the service in your area."

However... I just activated the phone and it's showing me 2 bar signal strength when at work (my other phone on AT&T shows 3 bars at work and either no signal at home or at most 1 bar) so that leaves me little hope that boost mobile is going to get a signal at home.

Thanks for the replies anyway

Highlighted
Accomplice

Just wanted to come back and say that I activated the phone today and when I got home I've got 4 bars on the phone, well, it moves from 3 to 4 bars, much higher signal than my AT&T phone..  That's a good start, now I just have to physically test the actual call quality, but definite step in the right direction as my texts go out immediately on this new phone with BM, where as with my AT&T, I had to walk around the house and the yard for a few minutes until it got a high enough signal to send out a text.

Thanks so far Boost Mobile.

Highlighted
Agent

Very welcome Traijan. We are glad to hear all is well. Any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist. Victor21