"Unlimited" Data

Highlighted
Accomplice

"Unlimited" Data

Does anyone else think it's odd that an "unlimited" plan has a data cap? "UNLIMITED" is defined as such:
not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent.
Therefore we are being lied to and cheated. It is truly false advertisement. If we are paying for unlimited we should get unlimited. If not then we should be reimbursed for all the money we have paid to boost mobile for this so called "unlimited" data that we do not actually get!
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Accomplice

Agreed entirely. I got moved over to Boost when Virgin sold. My plan there only had temporary slow downs IF THERE WAS CONGESTION IN MY AREA. As it happens, I never experienced slow downs with Virgin. Well, I get dumped into the Boost service, and am immediately throttled to 2g, which is slower than the old dial up, if anyone wants to do the math. I feel like my "plan" was changed without me having any say in it at all, and now, for a few hours a night, even my 2g is completely unavailable, you know, minus the Boost Mobile 'restart my plan' page....that comes right up, ironically. I don't know if anyone else feels this way about being lied to and scammed by a multi million dollar company, but to me it feels a little "class-action-y". Anybody? Also, no, Boost I will not send you private messages, so you can hide how you treat your customers. Answer me here, in the open.