"Unlimited" Data

Highlighted
Accomplice

"Unlimited" Data

Does anyone else think it's odd that an "unlimited" plan has a data cap? "UNLIMITED" is defined as such:
not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent.
Therefore we are being lied to and cheated. It is truly false advertisement. If we are paying for unlimited we should get unlimited. If not then we should be reimbursed for all the money we have paid to boost mobile for this so called "unlimited" data that we do not actually get!
30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Accomplice

Never thought about consumer affairs great idea!!!

Highlighted
Accomplice

Guess you have to read the fine print.

It says "unlimited data" not "unlimited 4G high speed data".

Even though at 2G it is unlimited.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

It says that now, it used to say "unlimited 4g lte data"
Highlighted
Promoter

Exactly! Add to that, it will cost you $54 to get a new sim card to get on the "NEW" Network and I'm DONE with @BoostMobile .I'll be going toa competitor s\t the end of my billing cycle. Dish/Boost is doing everything they can to LOSE customers. I'm gone!

Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, GryohonT. Can you send us a private message?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

For anybody's fyi
Within the last 3 months boast has gone thru 2 sets of hands first off( sprint ) which is now no more used to be the carrier for boost (T - mobile ) did that for us when the bought out sprint and sold the boost family to dish network what is now the crappiest service that I have ever experienced and I also got that text a couple of weeks ago about my new plan that I did not ask them to put me on I was getting capped at 35 g 's a month and any after that it goes down to 3g service but we still have
"UNLIMITED"!!!!!!
joke I told them I gave no permission to be changeling my plan and since the new change of hands nobody know anything
Highlighted
Groupie

I can't believe Boost would throttle their customers down to 2g. I have been a loyal customer for years now and now I have to switch service over this. Goodbye dear Boost. Your going to loose many customers over this. And no 1GB of service you offer is going to fix the fact you throttled to 2G Unlimited. You can't so anything with 2G and I'm not spending money to buy cellular data addon. When I signed up with boost they said it might be slightly slower during peak times. Now this month without any warning they slow customers service down to 2G speeds. I am not going to pay extra for an unlimited plan. I'll just switch to verizon. PS. Your customer service representative just kept telling me it was on the website terms of Use and condition. Sorry but I dont read those regularly. I should have been notified with these changes.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi Kona68. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry to know you feel this way. Please send us a private message, so we can assist you further. Thanks! ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Accomplice

I dont know i just feel cheated and kinda betrayed by boost. Ive been a loyal customer for a while now and for them to allow their service to be so terrible is an outright insult to their customers.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

After 20 years of being a loyal boost mobile customer I am not sad to say that this will be my last month with Boost Mobile. The underhanded slimey way that the company changed the definition of "Unlimited" to suit what was best for them and not the consumer was the final bad taste this company will ever get the chance to leave in my mouth. I paid my bill 11 days ago. I pay for me and my 18yr old daughter. The fact that this company expects 2 people to share 35GB and make it last is laughable. The first representative told me he would transfer me to someone who can fix my slow service. When I got transferred I was initially told it can happen but then was told that moving forward, this is how its going to be every month. I told the representative that if that was the case I was going to be leaving boost mobile. She then told me there was nothing she could do to speed it up. I don't know how to leave my own post. If someone could tell me how to do so I will actively leave information. Like how we all can send hundreds of complaints to the better business bureau. I work on 34th street in a store with over 400 employees. I will be making sure I encourage all who use Boost Mobile to switch and to file "UNLIMITED" complaints.