"Unlimited" Data

Highlighted
Promoter

"Unlimited" Data

Does anyone else think it's odd that an "unlimited" plan has a data cap? "UNLIMITED" is defined as such:
not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent.
Therefore we are being lied to and cheated. It is truly false advertisement. If we are paying for unlimited we should get unlimited. If not then we should be reimbursed for all the money we have paid to boost mobile for this so called "unlimited" data that we do not actually get!
37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Accomplice

Agreed entirely. I got moved over to Boost when Virgin sold. My plan there only had temporary slow downs IF THERE WAS CONGESTION IN MY AREA. As it happens, I never experienced slow downs with Virgin. Well, I get dumped into the Boost service, and am immediately throttled to 2g, which is slower than the old dial up, if anyone wants to do the math. I feel like my "plan" was changed without me having any say in it at all, and now, for a few hours a night, even my 2g is completely unavailable, you know, minus the Boost Mobile 'restart my plan' page....that comes right up, ironically. I don't know if anyone else feels this way about being lied to and scammed by a multi million dollar company, but to me it feels a little "class-action-y". Anybody? Also, no, Boost I will not send you private messages, so you can hide how you treat your customers. Answer me here, in the open.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I've had Boost Mobile from the beginning when they had the gerbils in the commercial for hamsters or whatever they were now I'm getting the hard data cap my service is disrupted I could barely load this page I'm done. I will be looking into other plans was different careers
Highlighted

I'm so sorry we let you down, Benklinger. We're always looking to provide the best experience for our customers. Might you be up for sending me a private message? I'd love to know more about your experience and how we can make it better.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

You , and the rest of the Boost can make it "better" by giving us back our unlimited data, not this insulting throttling crap that you are poor trying g to pass off as "a good deal", and being more human when replying to these threads. We, the consumer are what make your business possible. So dont treat us like nothing more than a paycheck, or else you will come to work one day and find your company collapsed due to lack of customers.
Highlighted

I'm so sorry we let you down, If you want to discuss your concerns in more detail, please feel free to private message me.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I am so tired of the replies from the Social Care Agents saying they are sorry to hear that someone is not happy. Then asking us to send a private msg so they can help. They know *** good & well that they're not going to do a thing.
This answer is copied & pasted from the FAQ when asked if the buy out by Dish Network would affect current customers.
"Users with unlimited plans are still able to use UNLIMITED DATA , WITHOUT A CAP on the amount of data you use." This is a BOLD FACED LIE.
I recently purchased a new Galaxy A11 & upgraded my plan in order to have better signal & faster speed. My speed & signal are both the exact opposite. I'm now paying $10 more per month & getting the ****** signal & speed ever. I had way better service back when we all had Dial Up Internet. Just like so many other long time Boost Customers, I will also be switching service providers. Bye Bye Boost 👋 👋

Highlighted
Accomplice

I bought an S10. After talking to Boost they said I'd probably have poor service where I live if I went on the expanded network versus the nationwide network. Well, the expanded network ROCKS! I've got better signal and throughput most everywhere I travel.

Thanks Boost!

Highlighted
Accomplice

U know if u pay for unlimited n you are a boost customer for 4 years n dish takes over n then capped it at 35GB u use that in a week.If this does not change I’m switching providers n I’ll take the hit on my credit with this stupid boost up because at this point boost isn’t worth what I’m paying change policy or I’ll tell everybody on YouTube to bar this company.