data confusion

Go to solution
Highlighted

data confusion

I have the $45 plan which includes 5 GB high speed data. When thaT data is gone, will I still have data? Just not "high speed"? Really confused and unsure of what this means. Thanks for the help!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Groupie

Re: data confusion

Hi, The $45 comes with 5GB of high speed data. Once you've used up the 5GB of high speed data, your data speed will slow down. If you wanted you can add $5 on your account to add 1GB or for $10 you will get 2GB of data. You can also switch to the new $50 with Unlimted Data and free 8GB of Mobile Hotspot

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Groupie

Hi, The $45 comes with 5GB of high speed data. Once you've used up the 5GB of high speed data, your data speed will slow down. If you wanted you can add $5 on your account to add 1GB or for $10 you will get 2GB of data. You can also switch to the new $50 with Unlimted Data and free 8GB of Mobile Hotspot

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Groupie

So when you " run out" of your 5 gb of data they charge you? Or that's just your unlimited data and that 5 gb are 4g? I feel like the site is no help and kinda confusing trying to understand the plans
Highlighted
Groupie

Once you run out of your allotted data, the data becomes  "throttled".  That doesn't sound terrible in theory, but in practice, it's really annoying.  Everything runs so slow that you'll likely become aggrevated to the point of wanting to throw your phone.  I've found that the only way that 5gb of data is enough for me is if I'm able to connect to wi-fi most of the day, but if you don't have wi-fi access at work and home, you should consider the truly unlimited $60/month plan.  I'm able to watch Netflix, youtube, stream music all day every day and it never slows down.

Highlighted

I have the $60 unlimited plan with 8 gigs and still says...

I have the $60 unlimited plan with 8 gigs and still says not enough space.
Highlighted

I don't have WiFi but I have 8gigs and still no space.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi this is in response to your answer for me about the GBs. Well when i my data was slowed down I bought a microSDHC CARD that had 4 GBs so that brought my GBs up to 8 GBs. And a month later I bought another SDHC CARD that had 16 GBs. But I took the first SDHC WITH THE 4GBs out so I could put the SDHC CARD 16GBs in. That was a total of 20GBs I had purchased cause I kept getting a message saying that I didn't have the storage space. How can that be possible if I have all these GBs for space. Right now I have the default on SD card as the default setting. Can I take this setting off of SD card and put the GBs on the internal default. I am really confused. Was I given the correct product so I could add storage and data on my phone. I purchased these SDHC CARDS FROM A BOOST DEALER. THANK YOU VICKIE DOUCET. PLEASE HELP ME
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @Vdoucet58! You are able to move pictures, videos, music, and some apps to the your external SD card. Unfortunately, you won't be able to move all the data stored in your phone.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Can I move some of the 14 GBs I have on the SD card to the internal so I can put the internal as a default setting. Also are GBs for data and storage. Or just for the storage. Also what apps can I move to the SD default setting. Thank you so much for the info. Now I am not as confused. Should I just get the $50 unlimited pkg.? Thank you Vickie Doucet

Highlighted
Agent

Hello Vdoucet58, the Gigabytes  of the SD cards cannot be moved to the phone. You are able to move pictures, videos, music, and some apps to the your external SD card. Unfortunately, you won't be able to move all the data stored in your phone.