Will our $60 Unlimited LTE plans still be unlimited (2G is not usable)

Highlighted
Groupie

Will our $60 Unlimited LTE plans still be unlimited (2G is not usable)

So despite being told during the merger talks, multiple times mind you, that our plans would be UNTOUCHED (as in no changes would happen to them) our $60 UNLIMITED LTE DATA PLANS (as in unlimited/infinite/no limit) will now be "35 gigs then f you"?

2G is not usable, you can't upload documents in a timely manner, you can look up various hardware sites for important parts or to pull up quickly if a product like a water heater has been recalled, you can't video call a client or your coworkers or even load up Google map with 2g.

I've been with Boost for 3 years, my son for longer and I'm just hoping that all this is just for new plans and that my and my son's UNLIMITED LTE DATA plan STAYS LTE UNLIMITED as we were told it would be.
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Agent

Good day @60UnILTE. Thanks for reaching out to us, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Our unlimited plans have always been subject of the quality of service where If our network resources become constrained in a specific location, customers on some data plans who exceed use of 35GB data during a single payment cycle could experience a temporary slowing of their network performance for the remainder of that payment cycle to allow other customers sufficient use of our network.

Now starting 07/18/20 for existing customers, if you use more than 35GB of data during a single billing cycle, Boost reserves the right to reduce the speed available to a customer down to 2G speeds for the remainder of that billing cycle. The only difference now, is that from now on it will not be specific locations.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Groupie

This is very troubling. I always knew about the general deprioritizion but hard throttling UNLIMITED LTE plans to 2G is a kick in the teeth and I do hope you all can reconsider this hard throttle even if it's only on the $60 plan.
Highlighted
Accomplice

They're saying "Reserves the right". To me this doesn't mean they WILL. It means depending on network traffic they CAN if they have to to maintain service for lower data users. I haven't gotten there so I can't say for sure.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

That's unfortunate. I just went over the 35G limit and now it's effectively no internet connection. 2G is no longer a functional option. Just loading a page can take minutes. Playing video/audio is basically impossible.
I doubt a fix will occur before the end of the month. Fortunately I'm month to month.
Best of luck to everyone. I hope for a change of heart immediately because I hate shopping.
Highlighted
Accomplice

While being throttled on this “unlimited data” plan because I’ve reached 35GB, if I go to anywhere in the city I live in, I’m still throttled.

I could be wrong, but from my personal experience, it doesn’t have anything to do with phone towers. You’ll be throttled on your “unlimited data” plan no matter which tower you’re on.
Highlighted
Accomplice

It's even worse than that. After calling customer service I learned that although I do indeed have 65 gig of total data (35 gig high speed phone data + 30 gig hotspot data), but when I use up the 35 gig of phone data and my service drops to slow ass 2G, so does my hotspot slow down. So even though I have 20 gig of my hotspot left, it is essentially worthless data. So if the hotspot data is important to you, use it before you use up your phone data. I thought I could fix this buy buying an additional 1 gig of high speed data, therefore by Boost logic I now have high speed phone data so I should have high speed hotspot data. NOT SO! Not only is my hotspot still slow, but the additional 1 gig of high speed data I paid for is STILL at 2G speed.

Highlighted
Accomplice

My hotspot still worked fine.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes, it does, and they most certainly have. Go review your data plan on My Boost. It no longer says that you might experience slower speeds after reaching your 35GB cap, it says you will be, period. And it's not just to 3G anymore, but 2G..
Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm not even sure what you're saying right now. I never had problems with exceeding data usage on my unlimited plan until July 5th of this year and I've been a loyal Boost customer since early 2014.