What is the difference between the $60 Unlimited and $50 Unhook'd plans?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

What is the difference between the $60 Unlimited and $50 Unhook'd plans?

Can someone please explain the difference between the $60 unlimited plan and the newest $50 Unlimited Unhook'd plan? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru

Hi Chaos,

You mean other than the obvious ten dollar price difference?

Well, the 60 plan did not include this disclaimer

'Quality of Service Practices (QoS): Unlimited Unhook’d customers who use more than 23GB of data during a billing cycle will be de-prioritized during times and places where the Sprint network is constrained. See sprint.com/networkmanagement for details'

I often (the 2 months I have had it now) go over the 23 GB and I really only notice some minor slowdown in the evening between 4:30 PM and 6:00PM ~ of couse this may vary depending on your location.

Also, the 60 plan was not eligible for family plan sign up and only available for 'single line' option.  For the 50 plan as family plan, the 50 plan line/number MUST be primary and add the other lines.  You can not add a 50 plan line as a secondary to a family plan.

Then there is the part where the 50 plan includes this text;

"Mobile optimized: video streams at up to 480p+ resolution, music streams at up to 500kpbs, streamin cloud gaming at up to 2mpbs"

Although, I have not experienced any quality limitations when streaming youtube videos at 1080p or 1440p nor have I had my Google Play Music streams limited to the 500kpbs.  Again, this could vary depending on either or both your decvice and location.

Anyone else know any other differences, please do let us know.

Yours,

-J

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Guru

Hi Chaos,

You mean other than the obvious ten dollar price difference?

Well, the 60 plan did not include this disclaimer

'Quality of Service Practices (QoS): Unlimited Unhook’d customers who use more than 23GB of data during a billing cycle will be de-prioritized during times and places where the Sprint network is constrained. See sprint.com/networkmanagement for details'

I often (the 2 months I have had it now) go over the 23 GB and I really only notice some minor slowdown in the evening between 4:30 PM and 6:00PM ~ of couse this may vary depending on your location.

Also, the 60 plan was not eligible for family plan sign up and only available for 'single line' option.  For the 50 plan as family plan, the 50 plan line/number MUST be primary and add the other lines.  You can not add a 50 plan line as a secondary to a family plan.

Then there is the part where the 50 plan includes this text;

"Mobile optimized: video streams at up to 480p+ resolution, music streams at up to 500kpbs, streamin cloud gaming at up to 2mpbs"

Although, I have not experienced any quality limitations when streaming youtube videos at 1080p or 1440p nor have I had my Google Play Music streams limited to the 500kpbs.  Again, this could vary depending on either or both your decvice and location.

Anyone else know any other differences, please do let us know.

Yours,

-J

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Well if you gave up the $60 plan you gave up 976.6GB of Unthrottled Uncapped Unprioritized LTE Data, HD Up To 4K if really concerned about.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Does that mean I will never slow down and what about my hotspot because Tuesday I almost got fired you want to know why
Highlighted
Accomplice

What you name it's still boost Mobile right
Highlighted
Accomplice

What you name it's still boost Mobile right
Highlighted
Accomplice

Did you put$$ to my account
Highlighted
Accomplice

I guess I run everyone away that's probably why I am going to die alone and all of my relationship except for the last one and her tough Mee was abused and maybe I deserve it 😪
Highlighted
Accomplice

50; if you go over your data your internet starts to run slower 60 nothing changes stays as fast as the first day of service

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, Mandymay! Unlimited Gigs customers who use more than 23GB of data during a billing cycle will be de-prioritized during times and places where the Sprint network is constrained. See sprint.com/networkmanagement for details. Mobile hotspot limited to 8GB on the $50 unlimited plan. Mobile optimized: video streams at up to 480p+ resolution, music at up to 500kbps, streaming cloud gaming at up to 2mbps. If you have any doubt, feel free to ask.