Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Web access restricted

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie
Groupie

Web access restricted

I get this message and it limits my Web Access as you might have guessed. I new to this so please bear with me. I read somewhere that it was a sprint filter because I could not change this in my account. Any idea how to access sprint to reset filters for Web access?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Web access restricted

Hi there @Ron!

Below I share with you the steps to turn off the Content Filter on your browser:

1 - From your PC's browser, go to www.boostmobile.com.

2 - Go to My Account.

3 - Enter your 10-digit Boost phone number and your account's security PIN.

4 - Click Submit.

5 - At the right side under the "Account details" tab, look for the Content Filter option. By default, it's on "Enabled".

6 - Click on "edit" and from the Content Filter drop-down list, set it to "Disabled".

7 - Click Submit.

Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do to help you. At your service!

- Robert.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Hi there @Ron!

Below I share with you the steps to turn off the Content Filter on your browser:

1 - From your PC's browser, go to www.boostmobile.com.

2 - Go to My Account.

3 - Enter your 10-digit Boost phone number and your account's security PIN.

4 - Click Submit.

5 - At the right side under the "Account details" tab, look for the Content Filter option. By default, it's on "Enabled".

6 - Click on "edit" and from the Content Filter drop-down list, set it to "Disabled".

7 - Click Submit.

Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do to help you. At your service!

- Robert.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

this does not work! it use to but it doesnt work at all anymore and it sucks! also it doesnt say "enabled or disabled" it says on or off which you dont no to push on then it shows the word off so if i hit off it shows the word on. which one means its on but never mind i have tried it both ways on several different phones and it no longer blocks the content. i have teenage boys and this was the best thing boost offered until it stopped working at not ONE person at boost can tell me why! Im switching companies!

Highlighted

I have the same issue as Kburly36... well kind of the opposite. As an adult, I was enjoying getting to go on any website I chose to, as I naturally expected to. Suddenly, out of nowhere, last night, my phone started giving me a message saying the content had been blocked, and I had to change a preference setting to unblock it. (The site in question wasn't even NFSW, it was a blog that sometimes talked about controversial topics, but that's a whole other story.) Well, I followed the directions, but no matter which way I flipped the ON/OFF switch, nothing stuck, and the message kept coming up. I tried both on my phone and on my PC (and Kburly is right in that it does not say enabled/disabled, it only has a confusing ON/OFF layout...). There's a site that has a SFW all-ages portal and a NSFW adults-only portal, and I was trying to access the safe, all-ages one, and it still blocked it! I didn't even try the NSFW one first or anything. 

The TL;DR is this:

-I bought my phone about two months ago, have been enjoying it normally, then all of a sudden it started blocking content.

-Immediately wanting my right to normal web browsing back, I tried to turn off the setting that seemingly turned itself on, but nothing worked. 

-The filter itself is not tuned well. Seriously. Neither of the sites I tried to go to that were blocked had any nudity or anything. It's a joke. 

-I disagree with the ideas of filters and censorship to begin with, but as someone who's been a full-fledged adult for almost a decade now, seeing the phone turn an """""obscenity""""" filter on all by itself and then refuse to get properly turned off IS REALLY AWFUL. 

Can anyone help? Do I have to talk to someone at Sprint or something?

Highlighted
Groupie
Groupie

Same problem. Many sites that have nothing to do with NSFW standards blocked as well, eBay listings, for example. Boost suggests the same outdated reference to account settings as seen above. The on/off slider is very confusing but it doesn't matter, neither option works. We have two lines, one has no issues but the other is heavily restricted even though both have identical settings.
Highlighted

Hi @KjT. If you have an android phone, you may check if you see the following options on Google Chrome to turn off safe search:

•Open Google Chrome browser.

•Click the 'Tools' menu.

•Select 'Options'.
•Click 'Under the Hood' tab and locate the 'Privacy' section.
•Uncheck Enable phishing and malware protection checkbox.
•Click 'Close'

If this doesn't work, you may try to reset the app itself to factory defaults.

- E.J.

Highlighted
Accomplice

@Hozuki_Robert I'm having nearly the same issue-- i am unable to access any adult content or websites. The difference is I don't get an alert that says anything about web access being restricted and these websites and content just don't show up when I search for them. The options you listed above don't even exist on the boost website, at least the version i am using. Can you please help me find another way?

Highlighted

Hi @taydiabak.  From the Manage Call Settings option when you access the account online, go to Adult Content Settings and
switch off "Remove Adult Content". Let us know if this helps.

- E.J.

Highlighted
Accomplice

@Boost_Ejay Those options do not exist on the boost website or I am just incompetent. Can you show me where these settings exist somehow?

Highlighted

Hi @taydiabak Are you looking up for this option after accessing the account through a browser or are you using the My Boost application? - E.J.