Virginmobile to Boost switch-want to port 2 #'s to a Family Plan.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Virginmobile to Boost switch-want to port 2 #'s to a Family Plan.

I have purchased two Galaxy S7's from the Boost website, just got them today.

My wife and and I are currently on Virgin, and I was thinking it would be a simple port.

Boost website would't let me port the numbers, and now I see that I need to PM a bunch of information to a Boost rep. to get them switched.

Can an available rep reply so that I know who to send the information to?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Virginmobile to Boost switch-want to port 2 #'s to a Family Plan.

Awesome work @EdwinRG 

Quick and efficient. 

Thank you very much for all your help! Smiley Happy

7 REPLIES
Accomplice

So, I had a rep PM me last night. I provided them with the info for the 2 Virgin accounts and the info for the 2 new phones I bought from the Boost website.

After some back and forth I was told:

"The second cellphone works, but the first one is not being recognized by the system. We'd have to escalate it to the technical department for checking, and it could take 24-72 hrs to come up with a resolution.   Do you want to wait until them to activate the second one?"

I replied that the main reason we were making the switch was due to my wife's current phone having a broken screen and it barely working, and I really need to get both of the phones up an running ASAP.

That was all I heard because it was 9 PM Pacific by then and Boost CS was gone for the day.

I understand that there are sometimes issues, but I'd really like to get this whole thing done at once-it has already taken hours to get to this point, and I don't want to have deal with switching one phone and possibly having issues with Virgin on the other once the switch is done. 

It just sounds like a lot of future headaches that I would rather avoid.

Can someone please get me in touch with the technical department so that this can be resolved ASAP? I paid for overnight shipping in hopes of having these phones up and running by Monday night. I ordered them straight from Boost thinking it would make for less issues...but here I am.

I would really like to be able to give all my information to someone that can get the issue with the first phone resolved and get the migration done so that i can get this all resolved at once-ASAP.

Thank you.

Agent

Hi swervedriver!

Your accounts have been created successfully. Please go to the primary account at https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/sign-in.html?INTNAV=UtilNavRobot FrustratedignIn and process a payment for $80.00. Once you're ready. please let us know so that we can link the accounts on the same family plan. We'll be waiting your reply.

EdwinRG

Accomplice

So have both of the phones have now been recognized?

I just want to make sure that the issue with the one phone is resolved before I go further.

Let me know ASAP, and if all is well with both phones I will proceed.

Thank you!

Agent

Yes, both phones were recognized and activated. Please proceed with the payment.

EdwinRg

Accomplice

Payment for $80.00 has been made on the Primary account.

What is my next step?

Thanks!

Agent

Excellent! Please follow the instructions below:

1- Turn the Wi-Fi off.
2- Turn the Mobile Data on.
3- Dial ##72786# on the phone pad
4- The phone will reboot and update itself
5- Wait for a minute and test your phone.

The phones should work just fine after this. Please confirm it to us.

EdwinRG

Accomplice

Awesome work @EdwinRG 

Quick and efficient. 

Thank you very much for all your help! Smiley Happy