Unlimited or Capped?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Unlimited or Capped?

Currently I'm on a 10gb plan and I'm wondering if I buy the unlimited plan and go over the limit will I have faster speeds than if I went over over on my current 10gb plan? In the boost mobile app it says I have unlimited 2g. Will I have unlimited 3g on the unlimited plan? Or will it go back to 4g Lte speeds when a lot less people are using the network on both plans.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

The explanation previously provided, only applies to the $50 unlimited plan. In your plan, when any customer reaches the amount of data included in their plan of data usage within a current monthly cycle, they could have their maximum throughput speeds limited to 2G/3G speeds of 128kbps or below for the remainder of that plan cycle. Your data speeds will be restored at the beginning of your next plan cycle. If you can't wait, you can restore your high-speed data by, (1) restarting your plan or (2) purchasing a Data Pack (select monthly plans only).

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Hi Raylan604. The unlimited plan we have, works on 4G LTE network, meaning that the data speed will be faster. Now, once you go over 23GB of usage, it will deprioritize in areas where the Sprint network is constrained.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I know it's on 4g lte and that didn't answer my question.
Highlighted

As mentioned before, once you go over the cap, if you go outside the Sprint network, it will work slow in 3G. Now, if you are inside the Sprint network, you will have 3G even over the data cap.

Highlighted
Accomplice

So on unlimited plan it goes on 3g and 10gb plan it goes on 2g? Currently getting 0.18 mbps download and 0.14 mbps upload which is crazy slow. On my app it says unlimted 2g but nothing about 3g so I'm assuming that only unlimited gets 3g speeds
Highlighted

You will have unlimited 4g LTE data with this plan. You can go to our website for you to check on your coverage and find out the network in the area where you are located.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm talking about after you reach cap
Highlighted
Agent

The $50 unlimited plan is truly unlimited, but to provide a good service experience for the majority of our customers, and minimize capacity issues and degradation in network performance, we may manage network traffic through prioritization. This means that customers who use more than 23Gbs, might in some cases have their data usage prioritized below the data of other customers during times and in places of network contention. The speed will depend on the amount of customers in the area, for example, if you don't have congestion in your area, your service will work as usual, however, if there is congestion, the speed will decrease depending on the amount of customers.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Can I please just get a answer to my question that talks about my speed
Highlighted
Agent

As previously explained, we don't have a specific speed rate, since it will depend on the amount of customers in your area after you reach the limit. The more customers using the network, the slower it gets.