Unlimited Plan Not Working

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Unlimited Plan Not Working

Hi,

Me and my mom have an unlimited data plan which we pay 80 dollars a month for. Recently, my mom finished her 35 GB of high speed data. This is fine, but now her phone is so terribly slow that it's practically useless. She can't browse the internet at all and streaming videos is practically impossible. My GB of high speed data are also done for the month but my phone works just fine still. Please help, this is frustrating and we wouldn't want to end our service with Boost as we have been very satisfied this far.

See more topics labeled with:
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Agent

We're sorry to hear that you feel that way @JJRK33. Effective 07/20/2020, customers on unlimited data plans will have their data plans reduced to 2G speeds once they exceed their threshold.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

It's not that the unlimited plan we have is not working. Boost has unilaterally and without legally notifying and advising us, nor gaining our express consent, locked us into/onto a useless 2G network connection after we reach the 36Gb threshold. They did this sometime around the 1st of August 2020 as best I can tell.

As you describe, throttling us back onto a 2G network connection makes our "unlimited" plan for the rest of the payment cycle useless, and our expensive 4g-5g phone a useless piece of hardware. Once they dump you onto a 2G connection, the phone and the plan are good for nothing but phone calls and text messages. Forget about the internet - it ain't happening.

Customer service so far is useless when trying to determine if they are going to offer us a plan that is truly high-speed unlimited. So far all they say is "check back we're working on an option" but two weeks into it now, all they can do is say "pay for a new month and we will restart you're plan, again. That's not a solution - it's robbery. When I reach the 36Gb threshold in about a week from now, if they have no solution available I'm going to dump them. Suggest others with this issue consider going to a major service provider and pay the extra $$ and get a truly high-speed unlimited plan. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I'm switching to T-mobile at the end of the week. Boost Mobile used to be respectable, but ever since Dish bought them corporate greed has **bleep**ed over loyal customers. I've been with Boost for years and never complained about anything. But after this ILLEGAL change to my plan I'm leaving. **bleep** Boost.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Would probably work better to complain to DISH, Boost's new parent company.

Also, the department of justice and the FCC were dubious of the whole T-mobile/Sprint merger. Letting them know your frustrations would probably help more.

I expect DISH, not familiar with the market, got an offer of 35GB per line from T-mobile. Figuring no one uses 35GB a month they took the deal. Well, here they are.