Transfer existing prepaid balance to new monthly plan?

Go to solution
Highlighted

Transfer existing prepaid balance to new monthly plan?

Hello,

I am a long-time pre-paid Virgin Mobile subscriber that was auto-transferred to Boost back in the spring.  My  pre-paid account currently has a balance that's near the maximum cap.  I'm interested in switching to one of the monthly plans using an iPhone I already own (was previously used for another provider).  If I do this, can my existing pre-paid balance be used toward the cost of the monthly plan?  If so, is there anything special that I need to do to make that happen, or will the balance automatically transfer if I select the "Switch to a New Plan" option from the account dashboard?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, jab351w. Yes, you can switch the plan to a Boost Mobile plan, and the system will take the monthly payments out of the account balance. If you have auto-pay, you must cancel it. Keep mind that if you have a Virgin Mobile plan, or a retired plan, you will not be able to switch back. If there’s anything else that we can do for you, let us know.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, jab351w. Yes, you can switch the plan to a Boost Mobile plan, and the system will take the monthly payments out of the account balance. If you have auto-pay, you must cancel it. Keep mind that if you have a Virgin Mobile plan, or a retired plan, you will not be able to switch back. If there’s anything else that we can do for you, let us know.

View solution in original post