Todo Mexico Plan Question

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Todo Mexico Plan Question

I purchased the $5 plan for when I am in Mexico next week. Is there a way to test my iphone 6 to see if it will roam in Mexico? Is there updates I have to check first or install?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi there @rokkboost!

Your iPhone 6 should work without any problems while roaming in Mexico, but you need to make sure to use it while in the USA's network before going to Mexico, as it needs to connect from the main network to further get access to a foreign network.

These are the steps you need to follow in order to set up your iPhone's voice and data services while roaming in Mexico:

1) - Go to the "Settings" menu and tap on "Cellular".

2) - Make sure that "Cellular Data" is enabled and then tap on "Cellular Data Options".

3) - Tap on "Roaming" and if the "Voice & Data Roaming" option is disabled, slide it to activate it.

4) - Tap to enable "Data Roaming".

5) - Test the service.

I truly hope that these steps can help you with what you were looking for and don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else that I can do for you.

I'm always willing to help around here! 😉

- Robert.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Hi there @rokkboost!

Your iPhone 6 should work without any problems while roaming in Mexico, but you need to make sure to use it while in the USA's network before going to Mexico, as it needs to connect from the main network to further get access to a foreign network.

These are the steps you need to follow in order to set up your iPhone's voice and data services while roaming in Mexico:

1) - Go to the "Settings" menu and tap on "Cellular".

2) - Make sure that "Cellular Data" is enabled and then tap on "Cellular Data Options".

3) - Tap on "Roaming" and if the "Voice & Data Roaming" option is disabled, slide it to activate it.

4) - Tap to enable "Data Roaming".

5) - Test the service.

I truly hope that these steps can help you with what you were looking for and don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else that I can do for you.

I'm always willing to help around here! 😉

- Robert.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

i want to get the $5 monthly plan for mexico and it dosnt let me pass the review when i press caculate taxes why is that

Highlighted
Accomplice

Customer service said even though I am paying for the service I cannot use it in Mexico because I bought the preowned iPhone6.  Although when I checked the list of phones that work with the ToDo plan the preowned iPhone6 was in the group.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Customer service said even though I am paying for the service I cannot use it in Mexico because I bought the preowned iPhone6. Although when I checked the list of phones that work with the ToDo plan the preowned iPhone6 was in the group.

Hi there!

I'm truly sorry to know you've had these issues, but as far I as know, your international roaming service should work fine regardless the fact that you have a pre-owned iPhone 6. Please send me a private message with your number and PIN to check your account and further help you.

Looking forward to your response!

- Robert.

Highlighted

Hi!! I wanted to know if Iphone SE works in Mexico (Data Roaming, etc) because I don't see listed on the international capable phones on the Todo Mexico plan?  Thanks!

Highlighted
Groupie

Did this work for you? Having the same issue and already did all those steps?
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @Daisygto What's the issue you're having?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Groupie

My brother is in mexico and has the $5 ads on to have service in mexico. He left yesterday and has no service. He already enabled the roaming.