To Everyone who comes to this forum to complain about Boost

Enthusiast

Re: To Everyone who comes to this forum to complain about Boost

Apologies for reposting a few times, I am new to the community

Hey there, Aidan118!  The hotspot service is capped at a certain amount of data. It does not throttle. Is not like your regular data that allows you to still use your data after the allowed amount per month. We apologize. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

To my understanding, if you max out the data on hotspot, then you won't be able to use the hotspot at all until the beginning of the next billing cycle. As for data on your device, if you exceed the 35GB you "may" be deprioritized for the remainder of the cycle. In my personal experience, even after hitting the threshold, I have not seen any reduction in my data speeds, however it could just be that the network has never been congested enough at my location to trigger any slower data.

Don't know if the rules have anything but this but i just HAD to reply after seeing this. Even though other carriers might be more expensive, might not give you a hotspot that increases the cost on their end by a few cents that you can get around anyways, and maybe even have bad customer service compared to Boost it's not like it matters. I can't even get anything over 3 bars IN big cities usually and have only seen the mythical 5 bar connection on very rare occasion. I actually get 1 and maybe if i'm lucky 2 bars despite not living in the country. "Woah look at this 30GB hotspot they give that will take you anywhere between 28 and 273 hours to max out (depending on the site since Boost massively throttles YouTube and sites similar). It's so nice being able to watch 240p YouTube videos. Actually it's even better when I don't stand next to my Window to load Twitter because it ONLY takes 9 minutes!"