To Everyone who comes to this forum to complain about Boost

Highlighted
Accomplice

To Everyone who comes to this forum to complain about Boost

Unfortunately, I read lots of complaints about Boost plans, network coverage/speed, and things of the like on this forum. I would like everyone who has issues like these to just take a step back and look at the bigger picture of everything going on here.

I have compared plans with all of the major MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) prepaid plans. None of them compare to what Boost is offering. No other carrier, MVNO or not, is offering an "Unlimited" plan comparable to Boost. Presently, if you are on the Unlimited Gigs/Unlimited Plus plans, you are receiving Mobile Hotspot access at 8GB or 20GB a month respectively. No other prepaid carrier comes near this, if at all. In fact, many MVNO's do not allow tethering at all.  This alone I am grateful for and is one of the major reasons why I stay with Boost. Secondly, you are receiving a monthly data allotment of at least 23 GB before data deprioritization can occur. I am a heavy data user, averaging about 1 GB a day between Facebook, music streaming, YouTube, ect. Although I concede that data speeds are, on average, slower than other carriers, the speeds I do get are adequate for every application I use my phone for. If another carrier is only going to give me 5 GB of LTE data, then throttle to 2G speeds, why would I care about a 30MB/s connection speed only to consume my data quicker, to still be left stuck in the end? In other words, the faster a network's speed the faster you consume your pre-throttle limit, and in the end leave you more frustrated. Remember, most MVNO's have a pre-throttle/deprioritization limit at 23GBs or less, and as I mentioned earlier, do not have provisions for Hotspot/throttling.

Boost is a great value and, in my opinion, the best choice out there for heavy data users. Again, although the overall throughput speeds are not as fast as others, the speeds are not debilitating. I am not (nor ever were) an employee of Sprint, Boost Mobile, or any other subsidiary. I have no other motivation for expressing my opinion other then my genuine satisfaction with Sprint/Boost Mobile services.

Thank you, Boost Mobile, for the value of the plans and services that you currently offer. You are still the best choice in prepaid wireless.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: To Everyone who comes to this forum to complain about Boost

On the point about the tethering,that's exactly what made me ditch straight talk and come here. So less complaining more appreciating people! Thanks OP for pointing this out
Groupie

You are abso right! I love Boost! I think I have been a Boost user for 10 years and I have never looked back! Boost has been there for me when I needed extra time on my phone and couldn't pay my bill due to being out of work because of illness. They are the best cell phone company and they do care about their customers! I am now a preferred customer and I couldn't be happier! I have also led many people to Boost because after I brag about it people want to join! #boostisthebest! #boostistheshizzett! #GRATEFULBOOSTCUSTOMER!
Groupie

@Desire55 Exactly what benefits does a "preferred customer" get?
Groupie

I have no problems with boost but one
I pay for unlimited data. But the speed is jus way to slow. I can even use google maps on this phone becauseit updates super slow. And my phone always says 3g abouve the antenna
I called boost up and they said i have food coverage wher im at and should b gettin 4 g data. But nope still 3 g. So im forced to use my wifi at home. Ur guys data speed really sucks sorry to say that but it really does. That y i switched to tmobile. Way fast and close to boosts price. Sorry boost. 😭
Enthusiast

You probably just needed a new phone or you had something messed up in your settings. People love to blame their inability to understand or troubleshoot their devices on the carrier. If Boost says you have 4G, but your phone isn't getting 4G, MAYBE IT'S YOUR PHONE. Just saying.
Enthusiast

Maybe boost should know this as they know what phone your using...
Enthusiast

Any chance you know what speeds you are throttled to after hitting the data cap while using your phone as a hotspot? Would the hotspot still function at 128 mbps? A little confused about throttling of speed vs deprioritization when consider the unlimited plus or ultimate plans.
Enthusiast

Any chance you know what speeds you are throttled to after hitting the data cap while using your phone as a hotspot? Would the hotspot still function at 128 mbps? A little confused about throttling of speed vs deprioritization when consider the unlimited plus or ultimate plans.
Enthusiast