Tethering/hotspot information

SOLVED
Highlighted
Groupie

Tethering/hotspot information

So I recently switched to boost for better network reliability, better prices, etc. Went with the $60 unlimited family plan since I'm quite a data hog. I've been using my hotspot function on my phone to tether my PS3 and laptop. Woke up to a text that states "BSTFreeMsg Alert - You've exceeded your mobile hotspot usage cap of 8192MB. Usage will be available when your new plan month begins."
Why isn't it unlimited if the plan states everything is unlimited? I can't even use it at a capped speed. I can't find anywhere that states it's a limited service or that it's a service at all for that matter. Where are the prices to add-on? Can you add-on? What's the data allotment? What's the prices? Something ungodly, I'm sure.
Had I known it was a limited service, I wouldn't have switched carriers. Slightly upset.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice
Solution
Accepted by SeaWolf (Community Manager)
Tuesday

Re: Tethering/hotspot information

the plan is unlimited, but not the hotspot usage. I just found this on their website, hotspot is not unlimited

$60/mo is an unlimited offering that includes unlimited high-speed data, talk and text ... and as of 1/26/16, this plan also includes up to 8GB hotspot usage, unlimited streaming music without data charges

5 REPLIES
Accomplice
Solution
Accepted by SeaWolf (Community Manager)
Tuesday

the plan is unlimited, but not the hotspot usage. I just found this on their website, hotspot is not unlimited

$60/mo is an unlimited offering that includes unlimited high-speed data, talk and text ... and as of 1/26/16, this plan also includes up to 8GB hotspot usage, unlimited streaming music without data charges

Groupie

Thanks for the information. Couldn't find it anywhere. Is there a way you can add hotspot data only?
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

If you want to add a hotspot to your phone, add on or just a portable wifi-hotspot-plans, it all depends on how much you want to use your hotspot, and if you want it on your phone or seperately.

A11ey
Crusader of Customer Advocacy

I encourage you to post your questions on the community!

Accomplice

i agree I just experience this same problem and as a college i need my hotspots