Switching to Boost from Metro PCS/ Family Plans/ Phones Etc

Highlighted
Accomplice

Switching to Boost from Metro PCS/ Family Plans/ Phones Etc

We have our family of three ready to switch to boost. All of the materials available online are not a big help when trying to figure out how much we are going to be charged total. And the store we are local to, doesn't know if they are correct on their pricing. Really confident with that information. 

I need to know what the instore deals are for phones right now. 

Does boost still have the family pack of 3 lines for $100 with hotspot data? 

Are you still offering trade in deals? 

We JUST paid our bill to MetroPCS and we were told from the store rep that she was pretty sure if we had the receipt we would be reimbursed for that when we switched because of current promotions going on. 

We will be porting two numbers over and one new line. Does that still have the new line free month of service promo? 

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: Switching to Boost from Metro PCS/ Family Plans/ Phones Etc

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. Just to confirm, are you planning on bringing your own devices? If that's not the case you must activate on a $50 Unlimited or higher plan and make at least 1 MRC payment in order to receive FREE device pricing. Some stores have their own promotion so we recommend you visit your nearest Boost Mobile store for further assistance. 

Accomplice

No we do not plan on using these devices. But we were told that you still do the trade-ins in store? We are also porting two active lines over but the third line would be brand new. Does that affect the pricing a lot?

Agent

Some stores may accept your old phone for a discount on a new one. For details about pricing, please call or visit one of our stores. You can find your nearest stores and their contact information here

Accomplice

I can't ever get a clear answer on this subject. No matter who I call and on one hand I want to switch now while the deals are still amazing but on the other, I just paid the phone bill and I don't want to throw that money down the drain. Especially when according to your website this less than 60-day old Moto e5 plus is only worth $15 on a trade in..... 

Agent

Our website currently does not provide an estimate on the value of used phones. You may be referring to the BuyBack program, which applies a credit to your Boost Mobile account when you send the phones that you no longer want or need. What you need is the Trade & Save program, which can not be done online. You will not find a price or discount rates on the website since the offer is only available in stores. You can find details about Trade & Save here.

Accomplice

Thank you for that. Now if only I could get some answers about whether or not I should wait to trade and switch because of just paying our bill. Or go ahead and switch now. I just don't want to be too far out of pocket on this switch over. We were told one price when we switched to Metro and wound up spending about $300 when all was said and done. Because THEY misread the fine print and of course the business is always right. 

@EdmundM wrote:

Our website currently does not provide an estimate on the value of used phones. You may be referring to the BuyBack program, which applies a credit to your Boost Mobile account when you send the phones that you no longer want or need. What you need is the Trade & Save program, which can not be done online. You will not find a price or discount rates on the website since the offer is only available in stores. You can find details about Trade & Save here.

Agent

We understand your concern. Currently we have an ongoing promotion which would allow you to get a free phone when switching your number over (from a non-Sprint carrier). However, this promotion is only available until 1/07/2019. The Trade & Save program, however, will continue until further notice. We are always coming up with new promotions to make sure that everyone gets the best possible deal when activating with us. We'd recommend calling one of our stores before visiting to have an idea of the total cost. 

Accomplice

While you have amazing offers and deals., I have called, I have searched and NOT ONE of your stores offers the same deal, nor do they have what I need in order to switch. I need to switch 4 lines, and there is not any possibility of me doing that and spending $700 or more on phones alone. I asked one store about the 4 lines for $100. They stated it also included all the bells and whistles like the high end $80 unlimited plan. I was ready to drive the TWO hour drive because FINALLY OMG FINALLY, a store that had the phone's we wanted AND CASES, they had the pricing that matched the advertisements. Then I double checked the store closest to me, to see if they had gotten their shipment of phones in.

I was curious and asked her as well about the 8 gig of hotspot data was a LIE. this plan was for ONLY talk and text and LIMITED data of 2gig per month.

If you need a sales rep who knows how to do their job. Ha, even then I'm sure it wouldn't be enough, but I'm on the market for a new job.