Question About Adding a Line

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Question About Adding a Line

I'm considering adding a line (it doesn't need text or data). I just cruised the Website and the Community but can't figure out:

• the final cost.
    I'm currently on a shrinkage plan. Is there an a la carte menu? The 2nd line needs Talk only. 

• how to proceed.
    The 2nd line is for a phone currently with T-Mobile. Do I have to visit a boost store?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

We apologize for the misunderstanding. The prices that we mentioned are the base price plans, which are the prices for single lines. The $35 plan is indeed $60 for 2 lines. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, splucked! In order to add a line, you would need to have a compatible family plan, or activate the new line as a single plan. Our current plans all include unlimited talk, text and web. You can find our current family plans and their prices here http://boost.co/2HwwnkJ. Taxes are included.

The number would have to be transferred to us first, then once it is a Boost Mobile account it can be added to your family plan. If you have a compatible Boost phone, you can activate it here. If it is an unlocked device, you can activate it here

Highlighted
Accomplice

If I am understanding you, then in order to add a line I would need to switch my phone from Shrinkage to the $60 plan. Is that correct?
Highlighted
Agent

You could switch to the $35, $50, or $60. However, keep in mind that, since the shrinkage is no longer available, your current plan can not be brought back once it is changed.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Now I'm more confused. Please bear with me, Edmund.

The website lists $60 as the lowest cost family plan available for 2 lines and $35 for a single line.

Am I missing or misreading something?
Highlighted
Agent

We apologize for the misunderstanding. The prices that we mentioned are the base price plans, which are the prices for single lines. The $35 plan is indeed $60 for 2 lines. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks very much for your patience and assistance. Exactly what I needed to know.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, Splucked. 

With the $35/mo and $50/mo plans you can add extra lines for $30 each. 

With the $60/mo plan, you can add extra lines for $40 each. 

More information here: https://www.boostmobile.com/plans.html