Phone number moved, number still connected to old sim card

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Phone number moved, number still connected to old sim card

So this is a follow-up on one of my previous articles,  I got a new phone and moved my number and service to said phone.  That worked fine, no issues there.  I reactivated my old phone and got a new number/service for that phone (for my mother).  Again, no issues there, except that my number is connected to both my new phone's sim and my old phone's sim (even after a factory reset).  Needless to say, that is causeing some issues.  Namely it is effecting the old phone's ability to use communication apps, plus, on a more minor scale, on my new phone, texts coming directly from apps or boost go to my old phone.  Is there anytihing I can do to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru

Hi,

I remember you!  Good to hear you got a phone for you Mom.  Moms everywhere need more love!

Well, that definitely should not be happening!  I doubt that Factory resets would help this issue.  You probally have to go to a Boost store to see if they can help.  You can try to call customer service, if you do, make sure you call from a 3rd phone, and have both you and your Moms phone ready.

The only other thing I can think that may work is a Network Config Reset.  But I suspect the issue is more on the Boost end with associated ESN/MEIDs/IMEIs <-> Phone Numbers

Apple iPhone network reset = Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Android network reset Two ways

some newer phones=

• Go to Settings.
  • Go to Backup & reset.
  • Now tap on the “Network settings reset” option.
  • Hit the “Reset Settings” button.
  • You will be given another warning, hit the “Reset Settings” button again.

All CDMA Android phones(sometimes you need a MSL code from BOOST)=

1. Disable Wi-Fi and enable data if needed*
  2. Go to the dial pad or phone app.
  3. Enter # # 72786 # - do not tap the call icon or try to connect.
  4. When prompted, enter your MSL.
  5. Confirm the reset.
  6. Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process.

If after doing a Network reset on both phones you are still having issues, you would have to contact customer care.

Call 1 888 BOOST 4U (1 888 266 7848) from a different phone or go to a store(depending, a store may charge you for helping, call them first too), or PM a socal care agent here.
You can try to contact @Hamilton here https://community.boostmobile.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1631
always check to make sure they have a Social Care badge by their name.
Or if you use the book face, here; https://www.facebook.com/messages/7292863341

Hope you get it working soon!

Yours,
-J
----------
I am not a Boost or Sprint Employee, but I have a reasonably strong knowledge of technology in general. Just here to help when I can.
Check my badges!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Guru

Hi,

I remember you!  Good to hear you got a phone for you Mom.  Moms everywhere need more love!

Well, that definitely should not be happening!  I doubt that Factory resets would help this issue.  You probally have to go to a Boost store to see if they can help.  You can try to call customer service, if you do, make sure you call from a 3rd phone, and have both you and your Moms phone ready.

The only other thing I can think that may work is a Network Config Reset.  But I suspect the issue is more on the Boost end with associated ESN/MEIDs/IMEIs <-> Phone Numbers

Apple iPhone network reset = Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Android network reset Two ways

some newer phones=

• Go to Settings.
  • Go to Backup & reset.
  • Now tap on the “Network settings reset” option.
  • Hit the “Reset Settings” button.
  • You will be given another warning, hit the “Reset Settings” button again.

All CDMA Android phones(sometimes you need a MSL code from BOOST)=

1. Disable Wi-Fi and enable data if needed*
  2. Go to the dial pad or phone app.
  3. Enter # # 72786 # - do not tap the call icon or try to connect.
  4. When prompted, enter your MSL.
  5. Confirm the reset.
  6. Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process.

If after doing a Network reset on both phones you are still having issues, you would have to contact customer care.

Call 1 888 BOOST 4U (1 888 266 7848) from a different phone or go to a store(depending, a store may charge you for helping, call them first too), or PM a socal care agent here.
You can try to contact @Hamilton here https://community.boostmobile.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1631
always check to make sure they have a Social Care badge by their name.
Or if you use the book face, here; https://www.facebook.com/messages/7292863341

Hope you get it working soon!

Yours,
-J
----------
I am not a Boost or Sprint Employee, but I have a reasonably strong knowledge of technology in general. Just here to help when I can.
Check my badges!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yay it worked! Thanks a ton, you've been a huge help! ^^