New data cap on so called unlimited plan

Promoter

New data cap on so called unlimited plan

This is bogus! You can't do anything with 2G "data access"! I mean come on... 5G is out and we are dropped to 2G?!? What the hell do you suppose we are going to do with 2G??? It's like handing someone a brick and asking them to access the freakin internet with it!!! How is that "unlimited" data?!?!?!?!?! If i cant use my data at 2G then im not getting unlimited data am i?????!!!!???? So im paying $50 a month for unlimited and im not getting what i pay for!!!!!! What a ripoff!!! Good going Boost Mobile you freakin sellouts!!! And no i will not private message an agent! Your agents wont do anything but feed me the same line of b.s. over and over and try to shut me up with a weak ass bribe of some pointless amount of extra data!!! Fix this data cap garbage!!!! Thats what we all want!!! Stick your other b.s. offers in the trash where they belong!!!
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Accomplice

I agree, 100% this new 35 gig, data cap is horse**bleep**, booat changed horse's in mid stream, I've been with boost for over 5 years, i pay for unlimited high spead data, and get throttled, down to 2g, you cant do a goddam thing wit 2 fkn g, dish bought boost out, and fkd up boost, i want what i pay for, I've had 5 other people join boost over the year's, if boost dont go back to no data caps me and alot of other long term subscriber's are gonna switch to another mobile phone provider.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Boost is gonna loose alot of loyal customers, because of unlimited data fkn lie, it's bad buisness, data capping loyal customers, that pay for unlimited 4g lteb and get capped at 35 gig's.
Highlighted

Hi, Conan420!  I'm so sorry we let you down. We're always looking to provide the best experience for our customers. Might you be up for sending me a private message? I'd love to know more about your experience and how we can make it better.

Highlighted
Promoter

Loyal customers are being punished instead of rewarded. We pay the same amount but get less than before.
Highlighted
Accomplice

This is the description of the family plan I have. Nowhere does it say that my data will be throttled to 2g.

Create a Family Plan and pay $30 each for lines 2-5. Primary account holder pays: 2 lines for $80 / 3 lines for $110 / 4 lines for $140 / 5 lines for $170
Mobile optimized streaming videos, games and music; Unlimited data on the Expanded Data Network for most everything else
Unlimited Talk including 50 minutes of nationwide domestic roaming
Unlimited Text including text, picture and video messaging
Turn your phone into a Wi-Fi Hotspot! (Up to 12GB High-speed data )
Unlimited streaming music w/o data charges (select partners
Highlighted
Accomplice

Actually, looking at their plan page right now it lists the amount of 4G you get with every plan. They all CLEARLY specify that after your allotment you will be throttled to 2G.

Sometimes we see what we want?

Average 4G use in the U.S. is 11GB / month. This is higher than the world average of about 6GB.

May be Boost is having to pay T-mobile for every GB of 4G? Could get expensive.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ive been with boost for over 5years, and ive never been capped until last month, on my plan it say's unlimited 4,g,lte, unlimited talk, text, 

Highlighted
Accomplice

The part about streaming music not affecting data is BS too. Spotify accounts for a fair bit of my "unlimited" data.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I dont have wifi at home, so I use my phone for everything. I used to like boost till t mobile bought them out . Now i can't even make it half a month with data saver on. That's horse **bleep** cause I even bought the hd streaming upgrade but my data is affected the same.