LTE Works Fine, but no Calls/Texts

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast

LTE Works Fine, but no Calls/Texts

Hello, ever since Monday, I haven't been able to text anyone. It wasn't until yesterday before I realized I couldn't make nor receive any calls, and then I stopped receiving text messages altogether. I'm able to send and receive texts with my brother, who also happens to be on Boost, in fact, my entire family is on Boost and it doesn't seem to be affecting them at all. I have the Galaxy S8+ and am on the $50 Plan, but oddly enough, based on a speed test, my download speed is well over 100mb/s, which I'm pretty sure isn't normal. Does anyone know if there's just a service outage that affects certain phones? Or maybe it's just my phone specifically? Any help would be greatly appreciated 😅

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear about this experience, AJ79. We want to help. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear about this experience, AJ79. We want to help. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Having the same issue for about a week now. No calls or text going through. I have 2 lines on a family plan and both phones are the same S8 only my phone is not working.
Highlighted
Agent

So sorry about the trouble! Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can work through this?

Accomplice

Update.... so I tried the factory reset ##72786# seems to be working now.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

This is what ended up working for me. My phone still randomly stops accepting photos through text, but after resetting, it temporarily fixes for me until it starts acting up again. It'll do for now at least.
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear about this experience, AJ79. We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm having the same issue as well. It also seems like all the customer service reps say "please private message me to protect your privacy", but yet no one seems to want to respond because they probably don't have a clue on how to fix the issue...
Highlighted
Agent

Hi. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to investigate. Do you get any error when you try to call or text out? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Accomplice

No error message of any kind. Just no service