Former Sprint/Google Voice #; How do I Use my GV with my existing Boost plan and keep same number?

Go to solution
Highlighted

Former Sprint/Google Voice #; How do I Use my GV with my existing Boost plan and keep same number?

I had a Sprint plan and I used Google Voice with it, same plan, same #, for ten years. Because of the integration, my Sprint # was also my Google Voice number. 

10/09/2017, I canceled my Sprint plan, switched to a Boost plan, and kept the same # I'd been using for ten years with Sprint and Google Voice.

How do I use my existing Google Voice account with my new Boost plan while keeping the cell phone number I've had for ten years?

I can go into Google Voice and my entire history is there up until I switched to Boost. It still lists my Boost # (formerly my Sprint #) as a Registered Phone. I do not want to drop Boost as my carrier or change my $50 Unlimited Boost plan. I've read strange things such as 1) I have to port my # to GV, 2) Cancel my Boost plan I just got two months ago, 3) Get a new Boost plan, and it's all very vague on specifics and steps and seem absurdly difficult.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Former Sprint/Google Voice #; How do I Use my GV with my existing Boost plan and keep same nu...

Hi there, MemorialParker. Google Voice (GGLVoice) Service Plan users are required to remove the service from the Google Portal before the phone number Swap is completed or the Google Voice service becomes out of sync with the new phone number.

When you port the Sprint phone number to Google, it will cancel the Sprint subscription for that number.  There may be associated termination and cancellation fees as well as porting charges from Google.

1 REPLY
Agent

Re: Former Sprint/Google Voice #; How do I Use my GV with my existing Boost plan and keep same nu...

Hi there, MemorialParker. Google Voice (GGLVoice) Service Plan users are required to remove the service from the Google Portal before the phone number Swap is completed or the Google Voice service becomes out of sync with the new phone number.

When you port the Sprint phone number to Google, it will cancel the Sprint subscription for that number.  There may be associated termination and cancellation fees as well as porting charges from Google.