Do not get the LG Stylo 4 from Boost! So beyond pissed right now.

Do not get the LG Stylo 4 from Boost! So beyond pissed right now.

The Stylo 4 from boost and a real LG Stylo 4 are no more the same phone anymore than the Moto e5 Play is to the Moto e5 Plus. As such it needs a different name in the same manner (at least).

I had the Stylo 4 from MetroPCS but ported to boost before my 190 days to unlock it because I thought I was getting the same phone (and I thought I was getting a better phone for my wife).

There are so many features missing on boost's version it can hardly be called the same phone and shouldn't be named as such.

NFC Fast charging Face recognition WiFi calling VoLTE Slower processor (1.5 vs 1.8) Extreme amount of bloat ware

This is nothing short of a blatant lie and a slap in the face to the customers who expected a decent mid range phone as the carrot for their business. As soon as my month of service is over I will port out and my shadow will never darken the door of a Boost Mobile (or Sprint) store ever again.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks for the info. I got the lg stylo 4 from Boost and its a piece of crap. And Boost dont wanna help at all. This will be my last month with Boost.
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @Christina1. Please reply to our Private Message so we can continue to assist you. 

Highlighted

I just got one and I'm very upset too. I was wondering why my phone didn't have any of the features found on any other devices that people mentioned - Fast Charge, NFC, and Facial Unlock being the ones that I miss the most. Very disappointed. 

EDIT: also it took me an entire day to find this out, I was wondering why my phone wasn't fast charging at all, and why NFC and face unlock were missing. It's just a real tragedy. I guess I'll go to MetroPCS now.

Highlighted

Same smdh came from metro pcs to boost had the metro stylo4 its much better
The boost version
-much slower
-bloatware af
-no face unlock
-no LTE while on a call
-NO NFC
-NO WIRELESS CHARGE
I AM SO PISSED AT END OF MONTH WILL BE BACK AT METRO BY TMOBILE

Highlighted
Groupie

I thought the same thing. But nowadays you need to look up specs for that particular carrier. It's getting ridiculous. IMHO and also the placement of speakerphone is HORRIBLE. My hand covers it perfectly while typing. Should have payed more attention.....have to say screen looks much better and bigger then stylo 2, but between lag and the screen sometimes to sensative and sometimes not responsive can be aggravating. As far as performance same as my stylo 2.
Highlighted

THE LG STYLO 4 FOR  BOOST DOES HAVE FACE RECOGNITION

GENERAL>LOCK SCREEN>SECURITY>SECURED LOCK SETTING>SMART LOCK

OR TYPE 

"SMART LOCK" IN THE SEARCH BAR IN SETTINGS

Highlighted

Wow....you just explained so much sir, thank you for this. Ive been having issues with my phones and service since the day i switched to boost. Looks like ill be switching again. Trying to unlock my stylo4 eith them has also become a nightmare being that its been 5 months with them with Crap for service. Forcing me to switch. Anywho, take care. Ill be making a post about my experience as well.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! We're sorry for the inconvenience. Allow us to help you. Please send a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and more details about your situation.