Data Usage Not Clearly Shown Within Online Account - $50 Plan

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Data Usage Not Clearly Shown Within Online Account - $50 Plan

This is probably an easy one to answer, but having a hard time finding an answer by searching.  There's no cut and dry search phrase to search what I'm looking for.  I can log into my account.  On the landing page (Home Tab) for my account, I see the three circles on top that show "Talk, Text, and High-Speed Data" usage.  Talk is unlimited, Text is unlimited, and High-Speed Data currently shows 1277.7/Unlimited MB.  Now, likely I've used more total account data than that so far.  As a matter of fact, my phone shows that I have used about 5GB of mobile data so far this billing period.  (And I do understand that my phone's meter of used data is just an estimate, but it's usually within 5-10% accuracy with other cell providers.)

Home.JPGHome PageNext, I visit the Service and Usage tab under my account scroll towards the bottom of the page where it shows Talk/Text/Data/Other, I then click on "Data." On this page, it shows:

Usage

Plan Data

7672 MB (shown inside the circle.)

Data.JPG

It was to my understanding that the page shown just above this sentence is for tracking the amount of data used for the HotSpot feature.  I read that on a post in the forums and it could be wrong or I may have misunderstood.  HOWEVER, there is no way that I've used 7.6GB of HotSpot data.  I've very familiar with usage habits and know that I've not come close to using that much HotSpot data.  I've used an estimate of MAYBE 1GB of HotSpot data, but doubt even that much.  Additionally, if you add the listing on both pages, it indicates a usage of nearly 9GB total used. While my phone shows 5GB total used.  So, my questions are, which usage indicator is for which data and how do I clearly know when I've come close to reaching my HotSpot 8GB limit and my prioritization 23GB limit?  The numbers between my phone, and two differnt account pages on the Boost site are all over the place.  It's just not clear to me which page is showing what data.  Any clarifiaction would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Data Usage Not Clearly Shown Within Online Account - $50 Plan

NEVERMIND!!!  LOL.  I see what is going on.  I was checking the usage for the hotspot data just now.  The numer listed on the site for the hotspot is how much data is LEFT, not how much I've USED.  The total MB count shown today is LESS than what it showed yesterday,  indicating that it guages how much is left.  I appreciate the response none the less.  Cheers!

6 REPLIES 6
Agent

Good morning, @briancotten. As you can see on our website the first option is the use of your high speed data and the second is the usage of your hotspot. Now, once you reached 85% of the high speed data you will receive a text message and for the hotspot once you reached the 8GB you will receive a text message stating that you already used your hotspot.

Now, in regards to the usage not being correct, did you verify if someone else has access to the hotspot?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Accomplice

@Joy1713,

Thanks for confirming.  The only thing I can think of is maybe there is a device in the house that I had connected to my hotspot on my phone, PRIOR to switching to boost.  Perhaps I turned the hotspot back on and another device connected to my hotspot and ran the data up.  I changed the password  on my phone's hotspot and will monitor it next month to make sure that it does not go astronomically high again.

Accomplice

NEVERMIND!!!  LOL.  I see what is going on.  I was checking the usage for the hotspot data just now.  The numer listed on the site for the hotspot is how much data is LEFT, not how much I've USED.  The total MB count shown today is LESS than what it showed yesterday,  indicating that it guages how much is left.  I appreciate the response none the less.  Cheers!

Agent

@briancotten. You're more than welcome. Let us know, if you've any other questions or concerns.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.

sorry but my uasge says 167 mb celluar data dont know wat that means i dont understand why thwe page keeps ppping up can u please help in how i can atleast stop the page from popping noe does that mean i have to uninstall some apps or at does that mean becuz i got this friday that just passed
Agent

Hey zydecommom25, can you give us more details of what page you are referring to? The 167mb is the amount of data that you have used.