Data Cap Scheme on Unlimitted Plans

Data Cap Scheme on Unlimitted Plans

I have been a customer for about 10 years on unlimitted talk, text, and data plans... Three times every 2-3 years, I have been sent a text saying that my speeds will be reduced during peek hours due to increased traffic (which is a lie)...then the following month I receive another text saying that my plan has been unilaterally changed without my consent, my data has been capped, and my speeds cut when I exceed my data cap... Cutting my speeds and capping my data has been a dirty scheme to get me to purchase a more expensive plan to get my original unlimitted service back... This scheme has been pulled on me three times with the most recent one happening this past July-August 2020... I was not going to change my plan again because the reduced speeds didn't interfere with my internet use, but this month after I exceeded my data cap, my speed was reduced so low that I can't use the internet at all without constant buffering... I am extremely upset that your company is deliberately choking out my speed to force me to buy a more expensive plan in order to restore my unlimitted services... I've documented everything from all three occursnces and even recorded customer service totally brushing me off by basically saying "sorry, we can't do anything about it".... Not acceptable.... You company is pulling the same scheme as Apple when they deliberately slowed down their old phones to get customers to buy their new phones....only your company is using a self-proclaimed right to unilaterally modify plans to do it....

0 REPLIES 0