Can anyone tell me what the limits of the "switch and get up to 4 free phones" offer are?

Groupie

Can anyone tell me what the limits of the "switch and get up to 4 free phones" offer are?

I saw a Boost commercial while I was watching TV yesterday that said not only that you could get an unlimited 4 line family plan for $25 per line, but people who switch can get 4 free phones when they make the switch to Boost. So what's the catch here? I can't find anything much about the free phone offer, so can you get any good refurbished older phones or do you have to get crappy, super-cheap ones? I love my iPhone 5S and I'd only switch from Cricket if I could either bring my 5S (which isn't a Verizon phone, so it doesn't look like I can even though the IMEI check tool tells me my phone's compatible) or get a different iPhone. While getting a much better deal than I'm getting from Cricket sounds great, I won't do it if it means I have to either switch over to Android and its app ecosystem (where I will have to pay again for all of the apps I already bought on iOS) or pay full price for a new iPhone when I already bought one that I'm very happy with and don't want to pay at least $150 just to replace my phone with something similar or possibly nearly identical to what I already own, let alone buy new phones for my family when we're all happy with our current phones (just not the carrier we're paying $130 every month just for 1 line with 8 GB of data with mobile hotspot and 3 lines on the cheapest plan with data that Cricket offers).
1 REPLY
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Can anyone tell me what the limits of the "switch and get up to 4 free phones" offer are?

Hey there, @Xelled! We hear you! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! Be aware we are currently offering different in-store promotions. A customer can only take advantage one of them. You can choose either the family plan promotion : 4-lines for $100 or the free phone promotion, which can be one of those:

- Alcatel Dawn
- Alcatel OneTouch Conquest
 -Kyocera Hydro Reach
- LG Tribute 5
- LG Tribute HD
- Moto E4
- Samsung
- ZTE Warp 7

Now if you want to bring your phone, we can help you with that but you may not be eligible for the in-store promotions. Thank you.