Buying new phone and swapping

Go to solution
Highlighted

Buying new phone and swapping

I want to purchase an iPhone from Boost and swap it into an existing account.  Is the only way to do this is by buying the phone online and, when received,  swapping it in using the online service, or can this be done in one step at a Boost store?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Buying new phone and swapping

@jamesmck, when you receive the phone do the swapping first. After you swap the phone turn off the old phone and turn on the new phone so it can start the hands free activation. 

3 REPLIES
Agent

Hello jamesmck,  You can purchase a phone at a store and set it up, but keep in mind there will be a service fee if they swap the device for you. You can do this free of charge online at :https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/sign-in.html?intnav=UtilNavRobot FrustratedignIn 

Thanks.  I plan on buying an iPhone from Boost online.  Do I do the swapping before or after I do the basic setup on the phone itself (Apple ID. etc., via wifi connection)?

Agent

@jamesmck, when you receive the phone do the swapping first. After you swap the phone turn off the old phone and turn on the new phone so it can start the hands free activation.