Boost phone between lines

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Boost phone between lines

I got a new phone and want to give my old phone to a friend who is also on Boost, is there anything stopping us from doing this?  would it be as simple as swapping the sim cards?  

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Boost phone between lines

Hi, @Choffers! Thank you for contacting us. If the phone is no longer active with your number, it can be activated on another account, but since we use the CDMA network, the phone won't work by just swapping SIM cards. The phone must keep its original SIM card and the DEC/IMEI must be entered into our system.

The phone can be activated online (https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/sign-in.html?intnav=UtilNavRobot FrustratedignIn), by calling Customer Service (1-888-266-7848) or when you send  us a Private Message. 

If you have any other question or request, feel free to let us know. We're here to help!

Enthusiast

how do i deactivate the phone on my current line?

Agent

@Choffers. In order to deactivate the old device, you just need to swap your account over to the new handset. If you need assistance with that, please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, IMEI and ICCID (SIM card numbers) from the new phone.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".