Bad service on the phone from rep

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Bad service on the phone from rep

Does anyone else have issue with the customer service reps? I was told for 3 straight weeks now that the tower updates by my house will be done in 48-72 hours. I called them on Monday and Was told to call back today to see about the updates and the guy told me it was completed on Monday when i got off the phone. I told him thats funny because im still not getting any data service by my house. He then tells me because I used up all my data services and thats why. I said im on a $50 plan and I have not even made it half way yet. He than tells me that he reviewed my plan and that i was right. I then told him that I will switch to a daily plan until the tower issues is fixed. He tells me that I can't do that. Now I'm beyond irritated and so I ask him what do you mean I can't do that? I have started off at the 60 dollar plan because I use the hotspot for my home internet but I couldn't even make it to half the 20 gigs because of the bad data service so I went down to the 50 dollar plan because I was told the tower would be fixed and I couldn't make it to the 8 gigs because the data service is just plain bad and so now your telling me I'm forced to pay for full service 50 and 60 dollars but only get 25 cents worth of service? That seems like a screw job and asked him what good is having a brand new phone if I can't get service? He told me " WELL IN A YEAR THE PHONE WILL BE YOURS"? wtf says that? You expect me to keep a brand new phone with little to no service for a year? Then he hangs up. I knew he lied to me the moment he said the tower was fixed as soon as I got off the phone with the lady on Monday! That was around 3pm. I asked him what time was that? He said around 330. Little did he know the lady I spoke to called me back that same day to let me know that credit was added to my phone and she was just calling back to let me know that and that she had wrote in her notes that I would be calling back again on Friday for a follow up on the Tower. (That was at 5:45pm)
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Ive run into a simular problem. I changed plans from a $35 plan to a $50 plan because the three gigs was not enough for me. When the plan was to take effect my phone stopped working. When I had to go to Walmart to get on Wi-Fi so that I could contact customer support they had to reset my phone and plan apparently. When I got home I realize there was no hotspot. I contacted boost support again and asked about my hotspot. They said I had used up my Hotspot already. I found this to be odd considering how my phone did not work after the change over to the new plan and had them reset it. They claimed to escalate the report to determine if the 8 gigs was used or not but did not contact me back. So I called them again and they told me I had used up my 8 gigs and acted as if they had no idea about the investigation into where my 8 gigs went. On my next phone call I had to go up to a supervisor who couldn't give me a valid reason why my Hotspot was no longer working. He just simply stated I used it. Even given that my phone was not working. I also attempted to get an explanation as to why after my 8 gigs was used my Hotspot would stop working altogether given that it was supposed to drop down to 2G speeds for the rest of the month. He attempted to explain that although the cheapest plan available to us at $35 offers a full month of hotspot at 3 gigabyte that will drop to 2G, the higher-priced plans apparently do not offer the 2G speed option. I had them look up the website terms of service and so no limitations set on the higher-priced plans, however no one seem to be intelligent enough to recognize that. Unfortunately for me, this was my fifth phone call I believe and my temper had been tested to its limit and I couldn't control myself from yelling at him for a while. Although I attempted to calm myself, the supervisor could not offered me any other support other than telling me I've used up my 8 gigs on my broken phone that they had to reset in order to make work and that my hire placed plan doesn't offer the same Services as the lower-priced plan. I have also since noticed that my mobile data usage from my settings, suggest that I've only used 1.7 GB of Hotspot data. So off I go to make another phone call today to get get more run around.

Highlighted

We understand your concern, Mcbreeden, and we apologize. Can you please send me your phone number and PIN on a private message?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.