$60 plan hard data cap

Go to solution
Highlighted
Promoter

$60 plan hard data cap

Really? The $60 plan now has a hard data cap at 35gb then you're throttled to 2gb?? Unbelievable!!!
58 REPLIES 58
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Dgrjr1979. We replied to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'd like to kow how Ya'll are going to fix this. I've paid Ya'll over $4000 in the forty something months I've had my family plan with ya'll and now you think I'm going to keep paying to have my internet speeds reduced to useless. My next payment is due on the 16th and if this isn't fixed by then my family will be at another network. I have 3 lines I'm a heavy data user but the other 2 don't use hardly any. One of them doesn't use the phone at all except for a couple days a month. I was fine with deprioritizing my data, but this is useless. I don't know how I've used 35Gb of high speed data either. I rarely get any high speed data reception. It says Lte, but 3g is faster most of the time. I mean it on the 16th I'm leaving this network for a network with unlimited data not 35gb then speeds so slow I can't even load an internet page.
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue, Ironman7728. Can you send us  private message so we can look into it? 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I switched to boost from metro pcs after being with them for 5 years and 10 years prior with sprint. As a truck driver I use alot of data and I pay for unlimited but yet get throttled down to supposedly 3G at 35 G. That is also bs because I had dial up when internet first started and it was faster.. So when I get back to my hometown Im going back to metro pcs and im also making a new personal goal to announce on my cb radio 10 times everyday how boost mobile charges you for something and don't give you what you pay for and instead of fixing the issue they strait out lie to you. Boost is the worst company I have ever had. I would recommend that before they goto Boost to go buy 2 cans and a string at least they will get what they pay for.. The Hell with Boost.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Private message sent. I'd like to see an effort to fix this, but I doubt anyone will do anything. This new dish network deal looks like it's going to run boost the rest of the way down the drain. Data speeds have been getting worse for years. Online self service is 50/50 useful and getting a real person on the phone has become impossible now a new definition to unlimited. I'll call it ununlimited.
Highlighted
Accomplice

ANSWER RECIEVED:

These are the options for getting more high-speed Data:

Option 1: Wi-Fi. If you have access to wi-fi, your speeds will match the speed of your Internet connection and this usage doesn’t count against your high-speed data plan.

Options 2: We also have a great solution to add 1GB of high-speed data for only $5 monthly. This will give you a little extra room to continue using high-speed data.

Options 3 : Another common solution for customers is to restart the account. This will restart your billing cycle and your high-speed data limit starting right now. In order to do this, you will need to make a payment to restart your plan which will reset your due date to today.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes i am aware of all the ways this policy change can make boost mobile more money. Suggesting I pay to add data to an already unlimited plan is just an example of how ya'll know you're ripping me off. Oh and you are wrong about how many customers use up thier allotted limited "unlimited" data. It's closer to 10% then it is 5%, but either way if it's 1 out of 10 or 1 out of 20 it still says that your idea of unlimited data and the definition of unlimited are very far apart. If you only reduced to 3g then I wouldn't say that, but reducing to a technology that is useless is the same as cutting it off. Example I had to wait to get on wifi to reply to you because 2g couldn't load this page.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Option 1: BS

Option 2: Spend More Money

Option 3: Spend More Money

I had a $60 Unlimited Plan with a Data Cap, so restarting the plan or adding more money to the, already, existing plan.... There’s a special place in COVID-19 Hell for Boost unNoble/ Dish Network. Again, Boost unNoble will provide it’s customer with options that doesn’t benefit the customer but only benefits Boost unNoble..

Highlighted
Accomplice

I see there's been no effort to keep any of these customers with your network. This is a big mistake for such a small company to treat thier customers as replaceable. I've been shopping around and have noticed the community is shunning boost and pointing out the poor decision to reduce instead of deprioritize. Boost was considered the best family plan option. Now most forums don't even mention boost and if they do they are dead last. I'd bet my savings that boost doesn't last another year with these kind of arrogant policy changes. Ya'll want to keep it you can have it. I'm moving to T-mobile. Goodbye.