$60 plan hard data cap

Go to solution
Highlighted
Promoter

$60 plan hard data cap

Really? The $60 plan now has a hard data cap at 35gb then you're throttled to 2gb?? Unbelievable!!!
69 REPLIES 69
Highlighted
Enthusiast

This "data cap" implemented recently is really starting to get under my skin as well. As a 10+ year boost customer, this is unbelievably irritating. Im constantly online and is the reason why i chose boost.. you know for their "unlimited" plan. The one that turned up to be capped and no longer "unlimited". Yeah that one. You cant call it an "unlimited plan" if it actually has a limit. That's deceitful not to mention misguiding to new customers and disappointing to current customers. I recently paid my bill 6 days early to have my service restored 9/28/20 & am about to reach data cap once again. I agree that this is completely unacceptable and will be in search of a new carrier shortly if this problem is not rectified .
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, Nate203. thanks for contacting us. We updated our plans to reduce data speeds for any data used pas 35 gigabytes for a monthly recurring cycle. We sent several notifications via text message in June and July regarding this.

We have some options to get you access to high-speed data again:                    

• When you connect to Wi-Fi, your speeds will match the speed of your Internet connection and this usage doesn’t count against your high-speed data plan.                     
  • We also have a great solution to add 1GB of high-speed data for only $5 monthly. This will give you a little extra room to continue using high-speed data.                    
  • Another common solution for customers is to restart the account. This will restart your billing cycle and your high-speed data limit starting right now. In order to do this, you will need to make a payment to restart your plan which will reset your due date to today.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yeah im in total agreement...this data cap is unacceptable. Especially for a 10 + year customer. Apparently, customer loyalty means nothing here at boost anymore wich is why i will be taking my business elsewhere if this dilemma isn't soon rectified. Its not a truly unlimited plan if it has a cap. Smh.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yeah im in total agreement...this data cap is unacceptable. Especially for a 10 + year customer. Apparently, customer loyalty means nothing here at boost anymore wich is why i will be taking my business elsewhere if this dilemma isn't soon rectified. Its not a truly unlimited plan if it has a cap. Smh.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

So if my account was forcibly sold to Boost when I have a locked S10 to Virgin, wouldnt that break the original agreement I had with Virgin and allow me to unlock my phone? I bought it outright and this was months before any Virgin Mobile customers were notified about anything.

To me it seems like Virgin broke the original agreement with my phone being locked to them since I no longer have service by them by their own choice to sell. 😡
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there Lacunaserenity. Thank you for contacting us. So sorry, the Virgin mobile account was forward to Boost to continue. To unlock a device, it needs to complete the 12 months activation period. victor12

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Regardless of how many messages were sent, an "unlimited" plan is supposed to be exactly that..."unlimited". What your calling an "update" is really a notification to all boost mobile customers that the service is no longer "unlimited". The word "unlimited" literally means without limit. Boost mobiles solution to this problem seem to clearly indicate that there is no solution but to further stick its hand deeper in the pockets of it customers wich is why boost will lose customers.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Your solutions aren't solutions. It's just more money grabbing for Boost. Let's see, restart the plan? That's an extra 50 bucks two weeks early. 1gb data for 5 bucks, that's just a joke. No one's gonna buy that when it used to be 10gb or like 10 bucks. And connecting to Wi-fi? Great if you have it at home. Some people do not and the phone is the only internet connection these people have. So no your solutions are pointless cause they don't solve a **bleep** thing.
Highlighted

Already checking my options. I have been with boost for a long time i feel i am being cheated and ripped off. False advertiseing at the least. This is insulting
Highlighted
Groupie

I'm curious what solution they will come up with. I've been a customer for years ... these data caps the last couple of months are ridiculous when I pay for an unlimited plan, to avoid this issue. I will be considering other service providers if the problem is not resolved soon.