$60 plan hard data cap

Go to solution
Highlighted
Promoter

$60 plan hard data cap

Really? The $60 plan now has a hard data cap at 35gb then you're throttled to 2gb?? Unbelievable!!!
68 REPLIES 68
Highlighted
Accomplice

Its all BS now. The add 1gb of data for 5 bucks is ridiculous. It used to be add like 10gb for 10 bucks but now that Dish has taken over they seem intent on running the entire company into the dirt. I never had issues when i went over my data cap before Dish took over but being stuck on 2g is worse than being on dial up.
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, Gunmech. We're sorry to know that you feel this way. We have replied to your post as well, please take a look. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

What good does replying do if Boost wont fix the problem?
Highlighted
Accomplice

Thank you for the thought. I will do that.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

So I've been with Virgin Mobile for years. Loved them! Always had LTE signal and they truly had unlimited data with NO caps and NO throttling. When I use 100-300GB a month on average it was perfect.
A few months ago VM sold out or sold its US ops to Boost and forced my acct to transfer to Boost with no alternative at all. I then was hard capped ar 35GB but my price is still 60 bucks? Thats the same as the 35/mo plans from straight talk and tmobile and others. Way overpriced and very disappointing.
Also before VM transferred me I bought a Galaxy S10 full price and its locked with VM and I can ONLY use this expensive phone with Boost when I want to switch carriers. What a load of hippo manure.

Lastly I am near the heart of Denver and my S10 can barely have a 3G signal the last few days. Its making the phone and service utterly useless.

EDIT: No I am not at my data cap. I'm at 1.9/35GB with 2 days left on this month and next month already paid.

Highlighted
Groupie

Yup, I'm shopping for new plans now. Boost has really done it this time. What you have done, Boost, is to betray your customers to such a level that it is downright abuse. Throttling 4G LTE to 2G? 2G? Let me say that again: 2 G? Are you kidding me?  In 2020? When 5G is out?

This was unexpected. You never throttled us down like this. 2G is completely unusable! Websites won't even load!  I even switched to your most expensive plan in hopes you wouldn't throttle it as badly and you surely did.  Never mind the fact that you advertise these plans as UNLIMITED!  LIES!

Some people don't go for that anymore in 2020.  

I will never forget these 2 months not being able to use my phone, knowing my provider is deliberately trying to strongarm me into reseting my plan completely and paying for an entire other month early.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Like I said I am shopping around now.   

The sad thing is that our tax dollars built a lot of this infrastructure.  And we enable all these companies through huge tax breaks and sweetheart deals.  Americans pay more for crappier telecommunications services than the rest of the developed world.

I remember one time a Sprint executive called me because I was upset that my text messages were getting garbled or not arriving.  This executive sat on the phone with me for 45 minutes only to offer me a $5 coupon at the end.  I knew Sprint was not worth it when I realized that the amount of money Sprint paid that executive to talk to me was many times more than $5.

I recommend everyone check out Reddit's "No Contract" subreddit to find a new provider.  

https://old.reddit.com/r/NoContract

Thanks for nothing Sprint!  Can't wait to leave you behind forever!

Highlighted
Groupie

Don't send me a message about sending you a private message, Boost!  I don't want your crappy non-solutions.  Shopping for a new company now.  

Highlighted
Enthusiast

You really shouldnt lie to people you expect to pay for your way of life boost Mobile. I need data not some jackass telling me to buy 180$ a month in wifi to get what I used to get for 50. It wouldn't be so bad if your network was actually reliable and instead of 2g you throttled people to 3g you know since its 2020 and your a low cost BUDGET phone company.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Ive been a loyal boost customer for a very long time even tho boost has never been loyal honest or fair to me. I once accidentally made 2 payments within 5 minutes of each other and for a month attempted to get a refund which never happened due to weak excuses of how the "system" wont allow it. Then with having $50 credit in my account service was disconnected due to "non payment. I was told i had to make a payment before anything could be done so reluctantly i did so. I was then credited $40 and was told i needed to pay $20 to combine with the $40 credit to continue service. I did so but the $40 then was credited to the main number of my family account and i had to get my family member to pay me the $40 which they never did so i cancelled on the family plan and started a new plan but i wound up loosing almost $100. Guess boost was short on payroll idk. Since the Dish takeover i get dropped to "no" g... It takes minimum 5 minutes to go from page to page. Earlier today it took 22 minutes for facebook to load. Soooo im looking for a new service provider that actually has true unlimited 4g rather then the (this is the exact term the boost agent used) "limited unlimited" 4g service. What the heck is that ??? Boost should be ashamed of themselves however we all know that thieves have no conscious. Good bye "Boo" mobile
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Same issue here. Im switching carriers in 3 days when my service ends