$60 plan hard data cap

Go to solution
Highlighted
Promoter

$60 plan hard data cap

Really? The $60 plan now has a hard data cap at 35gb then you're throttled to 2gb?? Unbelievable!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Groupie

Hey, let's handle this here so others can read about how you will be reinstating soft data caps immediately, throttling speeds only of the heaviest data users and only when necessary in times and places of high network usage. There is literally nothing else you can do to fix this issue other than to fix this issue.

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69
Highlighted
Agent

Hello GryohonT. We understand your concern. We're happy to answer any question that you may have regarding your plan. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Highlighted
Promoter

Let me be clear. A hard data cap at 35gb then reducing LTE to 2g is UNACCEPTABLE! This is a certain way for @BoostMobile to lose customers and I will be one of the first to move to one of your competitors.
Highlighted

Hi, GryohonT! Please send me a private message to further assist you.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I am experiencing the same problem.   I even brought up the issue on a unofficial Facebook group page owned by non employees that do not work for Boost Mobile.     I am paying $60.00 for unlimited talk, text and data., and I am on the 35 GB / month data cap.  

Highlighted
Accomplice

It's getting started with me next month if they don't lift these data caps over a $60.00.  I feel like I am overpaying the bill.  

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, gccradioscience! We'd be happy to help you. Please send us a private message with the details.

Highlighted
Groupie

Hey, let's handle this here so others can read about how you will be reinstating soft data caps immediately, throttling speeds only of the heaviest data users and only when necessary in times and places of high network usage. There is literally nothing else you can do to fix this issue other than to fix this issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

You know what I did?   I freezed the mobile data to 0.2 GB and saved it when I am not connected to a WiFi network, but still I am going to end up leaving my phone at home and just use it at home only since 35 GB of data is going to be used up by Facebook, Google, and the Android applications.   I am going to keep it at home until I stop paying the bill, and switch to a new carrier.  I don't have time to take the phone out, the battery ends up going dead on me while I am out, and end up running out of data due to background Android activities.   I signed up for Unlimited Data paying $60.00 a month, and I feel tricked and cheated out of my own plan that I paid for.       I guess WiFi is all the phone is going to be connected for the being until these data caps have been lifted.  I left my phone at home when I was with Verizon, and now I am going to leave the phone at home with Boost Mobile limited service.  Basically switching the data on and off will help save me data, especially when I am not using it.  I have to treat my smart phones data flow like a dial up connection and treat it like a modem.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Totally agree, limiting speeds to 2G renders data useless. My phone has been practically useless because I don’t have WiFi at home, and whatever spotty coverage the 2g speeds give me while I’m out and about make it so my phone stays in my pocket. If this keeps up I’ll happily find another service.