Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: $5 discount

Ok, thank you so much for your help
Highlighted
Accomplice

Just to clarify, I'm already enrolled and still receive the discount with my unlimited plan. I was thinking about adding my hubby to my account which would make it 2 lines. Is that considered plan change and I will lose my discount?
Highlighted
Agent

Hello there! We'd love to explain this further. We're no longer offering the $5 discount with Auto Pay. Existing customers who currently have the $5 Auto Pay discount will continue to receive it for as long as they remain on their existing plan. If, and once, they choose to change plans, the discount will be permanently lost. Froeber82, as long as you don't change the plan on the primary account that has the Auto pay on it, and just add an additional line to your family plan, you will not lose your discount.

Now, All our monthly plans include taxes. This our new offer instead of the $5 discount, lolxox. After the launch of this initiative, you will only pay the price of your plan. You will see a reduction in your payment amount monthly!

For example:

Plan cost = $30

Taxes & fees = $5.95*

Customer pays only = $30

Thanks!

Highlighted
Groupie
Groupie

Regarding the $5 Auto Re Boost discount ending ... Is changing phones considered changing plans?  Would adding Mexico to my current plan end my discount?

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @5B! Thanks for reaching out to us. Changing phones is not considered a plan change. As long as the new phone is compatible with your current plan, you'll be able to keep the $5 AutoPay discount. By adding the International calls to Mexico, your bill will increase $5 more than what you're currently paying, and will not end the discount.

Highlighted
Groupie
Groupie

Thanks for your response.  One more question.  If I add the $5 Mexico calling to my plan and then cancel it after a month or two would that be considered a plan change ending the Auto Boost discount? 

Highlighted
Agent

The International plan is an Add-On, it can be added and removed at any time without affecting your current price plan. Removing the international plan is not considered a plan change and will not affect the autopay discount. Whenever you want to do changes on your account, we suggest you to use our website www.boostmobile.com. Alternately, you can always reach us back through here to get assistance.

Highlighted

I understand, and appreciate the new no taxes thing it saves me monthly a good bit of cash... But without the $5 discount on the auto re boost being offered, I fail to see why I should sign up for auto pay. I never started it because financially I was not stable enough. I was just today going to sign up but now... I don't think I will. I always hated auto draft and any service like it. My only reason that I would ever consider it was if there were an incentive. So just. some advice... If you want the guaranteed payment from me and many other people who would only consider auto payment with an incentive. You may want to bring the incentive back.
Highlighted

This is not true. I signed up for plan for $30 with autopay and have never tried to change my plan. The cost went up to $35 and in-store rep told me Boost dropped the $30 autopay discount. He didnt share with me that since I have kept the same plan, I should get the autopay discount. I never changed my plan. How can I get back on auto pay and also recover all the extra $5 I have payed?