5 Year customer but can not get Boost Up?

Highlighted
Accomplice

5 Year customer but can not get Boost Up?

I have an issue and I would like to get some feedback from the community as well as Boost reps. I have been with Boost for several years. I have purchased several phones over the years. I have had good luck with the Boost devices that I have purchased for myself as well as devices that I have purchased for others as gifts. I recently noticed that Boost now has a "Boost Up" promo but for some reason I do not qualify for this. 
Is there any one that can give me guidelines for this promotion. I did read a thread on this forum that mentioned the 14 day grace period. This was something that Boost incorporated and it has been useful in the past. If this is something that does not allow me to qualify for the "Boost Up" promo, is there any way to remove it? 

I also thought that Boost had an upgrade option - I purchased a phone about two years ago and they explained that I could receive a discount because I had an upgrade available. I have not seen this since... I feel that after all these years I should be able to qualify for something more than an online discount that is offered to anyone that accesses the Boost Mobile site. 

So my questions are 1) What are the requirements for "Boost Up" 2)Do they still offer Upgrades and what are the qualifications for this benefit?
I need a new phone and I have actually been thinking about switching to another provider. I have been loyal to Boost... It's their turn to return the favor.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accomplice

OK, no response on this forum just yet BUT I did get some answers:
I called Customer Care and I did receive some helpful information. I am part of the VIP program. This was incorporated on my account at the end of 2014 or beginning of 2015... I can not fully recall BUT you can see below what this program does. 
image.png

Notice that this program no longer exists, Yet I was told on the phone by a support agent that I was still enrolled in this today 7/18/2018. I was also told that I would not qualify for the "Boost Up" program due to having VIP - which is no longer available according to the social care agent as seen in the screen shot above. 

Being enrolled in this program automatically disqualifies the customer from being a Boost Up recipient.
Also - You must have 12 months of service with no interruptions. If you are on month 11 and go 1 day late it resets. 

After looking at my account today I noticed that it stated that I only had 10 days left on my current billing cycle. I just restarted my billing cycle on 7/12/18. After bringing this to the attention of the Care agent I was speaking with (Aaron) he explained that something was incorrect on my account and he would need to contact another rep to look into this issue. After several minutes he reported back that they would have to keep looking back at my previous months service records and someone would call me back. This was hours ago. 
I am really frustrated with the service I have been receiving lately. Boost has a great product and the pricing is unsurpassed for all that the services entails. However, the past few interactions I have had make me feel very unappreciated as a loyal customer. 

I also asked about phone upgrades. I have used ONE of these upgrades in the past 5 years. According to the Care rep, after 190 days of service you are supposed to be eligible for a phone upgrade but you have to go to a Boost Mobile retail store in order to redeem this benefit. I called a Boost Mobile retail store about 3 weeks ago and I was told that I did not qualify for an upgrade, no explanation was given. Do the math... 4.5 years (rounding down) minus 1 upgrade... something is not right.
So I hope that some of my rant was helpful. If something is not corrected soon I think I am going to let Boost go. 

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, DnSims! We're so sorry to hear about this experience. We want to help! As you know the BoostUP! is only available for existing customers who are on a monthly plan and have made at least 12 consecutive on-time payments are eligible for the BoostUP! installment option. Although, the Grace period is no longer available, customers who had it before will keep it until they remove it. So, in order to be eligible for BoostUP!, you'll have to remove the Grace period from your account. After that, you can sign into My Account and when you are eligible, you will see “You are eligible for BoostUP! Installment Billing” in the My Device section.

We apologize for misinformation about the upgrade promotion. Customers will be able to upgrade their phones after having the phone active in the account for at least 120 days. We suggest you to try with a different store. Find your nearest store here https://www.boostmobile.com/stores.html?intnav=UtilNav:FindaStore

Highlighted
Accomplice

Is there any place I can check online to see what discounts I might be eligible for with my upgrade? The nearest Boost retailer is 78 miles from me. They are the ones that stated that I was not eligible for the upgrade.

Thanks for you response.

Highlighted
Agent

Dn Sims, Unfortunately upgrades can only be done at authorized Boost stores.  You can see our online deals ant the link below, we have also included the link to find a store near you.

On-line Deals->https://www.boostmobile.com/deals.html?intnav=TopNav:Phones:OnlineDeals

Store locator-->https://www.boostmobile.com/stores.html?intnav=UtilNav:FindaStore