$10 re-activation fee

Highlighted
Groupie

$10 re-activation fee

I've been trying for 3 days to get this "new to me" previously activated Boost phone activated. After talking to customer service, which by the way was deplorable, and nearly impossible to understand. I was told my phone was activated, and given a new number. THEN was told about the reactivation fee. I've been a boost customer for nearly 5 years, I've never heard of such a thing. Why is boost charging me to reactivate their own phone!? I'd also like to know why I can't call customer services? All I ever get is a message that says, "your account cannot be verified", then out hangs up. The boost app says my service has been interrupted and need to make a payment of $35, and I have $35 in my account. When I try to make a payment, I'm not given the option to use the $35 I've already added to my account. And NO WHERE, and I mean NO WHERE in that app does it say I still owe the $10 reactivation fee. So...now what?
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

We are so sorry that happened, PrettyLady77. Please give us the opportunity to change it for you! Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN, for both phone numbers? 

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Highlighted
Groupie

Hello I'm sorry for this but I'm not sure where I need to post this or how to get ahold of anyone... But I had just purchased this brannew phone and turned it on at Walmart... Chose the 35 dollar plan but for some reason I was also charged a 10 dollar "re" activation fee and like I said the phone was new and I had just made the account... I have the receipt for the phone and th 35 dollar card I bought to pay the first months bill and the additional 10 dollar card for the extra fee that shouldn't have been charged.. could you please hele with this..
Highlighted
Enthusiast

The same thing happen to me .I bought a new phone in Sept it had the wrong sims card in it for my areas it was a 5 g .it does not work in ohio .so I had to go another Sim card took it to boost to have them put it in and set my phone .they did fix my phone so I was able to use it .she was on the phone boost giving them my information and boost told her a had to pay 10$ reconnect fee .I keep my same number also . I have been with boost for at least 4 or 5 years and never had to pay a reconnect fee just because I bought a new phone. Please help .
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, brenns. Thank you for stopping by. Please send us a private message to further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I bought a new phone it had the wrong sims card and would not work .I had to buy a new one and take it to the boost store have it put in and we set my phone .it came with a 5g and we don't have it in Lima Ohio . As they where fixing my phone the boost rep told her that I would be charged a 10 reconnect fee . I have been with boost for 4 to 5 years. I don't understand why I was charged.
Highlighted
Agent

Please send us a private message to further assist you. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I was charged 10 fee for when I took my phone to boost to put my sim card and fix my phone
Highlighted
Agent

Could you please send us a private message to further assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help.

Highlighted
Groupie

I dont know why i have to pay a re activation and its s new. Phone this is b.s. i feel like this should be wavied. If its not i can go some where else like metro pcs or sprint