Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

overcharged

Go to solution
Groupie

overcharged

purchased new phone out of state overcharged and not given intended services

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: overcharged

Hey there, kiandra2008! Please send me the information via private message. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Agent

We are so sorry that happened, @kiandra2008! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message. 

Highlighted
Groupie

Hello ,

I purchased a phone while i was out of town because i left my phone at home by mistake. I bought this  LG Stylo 5 x from a boost mobile in Atlanta GA. i was asked if i wanted insurance. The price was 149.00 for the phone. i was told also that my bill had to be paid so i agreed to that to.  So i as told the price for everything would be 210.11. Unbeknownst to me i had been cheated. i walked outta the store with my phone still in the box because associate didnt have time to activate it. which is fine because i've been with boost over 10 years and have activated plenty of phones. Now once my phone is activated its telling me my service is off now at this time im tryin to contact the store but no one is answering and im on my way back home to south Carolina.  So i pay my bill thru the boost app. no ive paid my bill twice once in store and manually thru my new phone. now this happens on march 2, i believe. Now im home the date is march 13 my screen is cracked on my phone. i say no biggie because i paid for insurance. Now when i got to make the claim. its telling me my phone doesnt have insurance.  Now i had already contacted boost about paying my b ill twice. Nothing Happened which is very upsetting. i called the store where the phone is bought and was told to dispute the transaction on my card yet nothing has come from that. Now im out of a phone that i just purchased and payed my bill. Now my previous phone i had to reactivate on a different number and start a new plan more money spent. so i suspended my original account until a solution is found. I have been a loyal boost customer for years. and have gotten all my family to switch to boost. is there anything that can be done.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @kiandra2008. Thank you for letting us about this. We have replied to your PM, please take a look. 

Highlighted
Groupie

**personal information removed**
Im not sure of the associates name
But i do have a receipt she gave me and my bank statement. Please send info where this info can be sent.

Highlighted

Hey there, kiandra2008! Please send me the information via private message. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Groupie

I was overcharged as well. I was told since I ported my number I could get the phone for $100 then I would need to pay $50 for service $25 for activation and the case and screen protector would be $15 which should be $190 before tax. When I went to pay it was $278. At the time I thought it sounded high but didn’t realize until I already left the store. Was given no receipt even though I was told the receipt and pin were in the bag. So pretty much not a thing I could do. Kinda shady for a new customer. Wishing now I hadn’t left my other company.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there WMoore81. Thank you for contacting and so sorry for all the inconveniences. Stores are independently owned franchises and all purchases are to to be handled at the place of purchased. We would've been able to submit a store feed back to verify the charges, but we would need the receipt. 

In this case you are able to go back to the store and claim a copy of the receipt. They would have a copy for their records. 

Highlighted
Groupie

I’ll try but just about everything around here is closed. I knew without proof nothing could really be done which is why I haven’t complained. It’s my own fault for not double checking. I wasn’t going to say anything until I see it’s happened to others as well. Figured I’d let you know my experience and let you know you may want to find a way to watch their records because these franchise companies are making Boost look bad.
Highlighted
Agent

Understood and thank you. When you are able to obtain the receipt, please contact us immediately so we could verify the charges.