Why is ordering a phone from boost such an impossible proposition??

Go to solution
Accomplice

Why is ordering a phone from boost such an impossible proposition??

Seriously, it's nothing more than a stress filled headache. My order has been cancelled 5 times over the past few days, with a 6th pending I'd imagine. I've tried online, I've tried over the phone. I've tried 2 cards and I've tried PayPal. Yet, here I sit with a 2 year old phone with a destroyed screen and I have no way to replace it. Before I get the "does your shipping and billing address match" solution, the answer is yes. And I've tried using the same card that I pay my bill with every month, so they have no problem taking that money. My best guess is that I'm trying to order with a limited time 20% off promotional code, so it'll most likely go through after that is over. As you can tell, I'm very annoyed and sick of dealing with this. I like the phone service, but the customer service for Boost is among the worst I've ever dealt with. It's so terrible that I had to Google how to talk with a real person and even that took a great feat of patience. Hopefully I can get this dang thing to go through otherwise I'll be searching for a new carrier, because I'm not going through this every time I want to upgrade my phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Why is ordering a phone from boost such an impossible proposition??

Y'all will never believe what just happened.  I found the phone that I was trying to order for the past 3 days (Boost kept cancelling it over and over with no explanation) on Ebay...  Then I ordered it... and guess what (you'll probably never believe this part)...  They accepted my non-fraudulent credit card and are shipping the phone as we speak!  I know, what a novel concept...  They didn't tell me to make sure my billing and shipping address were the same, they didn't tell me to try a different card, they didn't tell me to try a different email address, heck, they didn't even tell me to visit my nearest Boost retailer.  They just took my payment and shipped the phone.

Yeah, I paid $10-15 more than I would have if the order would have went through here, but I will gladly give my cash to someone who is actually going to provide customer service.

Thanks friend in Minnesota who is sending me my phone!  I'm sorry for being so cynical, but the experience of trying to order a phone from Boost is most likely how white collar criminals will serve their eternal damnation...

So here is the accepted solution to the ordering Boost mobile phones online.  Find a different website to order it from and order it from there.  Don't even bother dealing with this scam that is Boost mobile and their promo codes.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Agent

Hello, Luke_Z! We truly apologize for this experience. We'll be happy to help you. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code so we can take a closer look. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Impossibility confirmed. Another 2 orders canceled. Customer service says my account is in order. So there is 0 reason why this shouldn't work. Why is this so frustrating? Why can nobody from boost fix this problem?
Agent

We have replied to your private message, Luke_Z. Please check your inbox. 

Accomplice

Yes, I appreciate you trying to help, but unfortunately none of the solutions worked... My order was cancelled for a 7th time with no explanation.
So ridiculously frustrating.

Are you ordering your device through BoostUP?

Accomplice

I've tried it both ways.  Signed out of my account as well as signed in going through the Boostup link.

Agent

We understand. In that case, we suggest you visit the nearest Boost Mobile store in your area to purchase the handset. You can locate them using the following link: https://boost.co/2wML569.

Accomplice

Why have the website and an option to order if it doesn't work?  Why are there so many threads with people having the exact same issue?  It's obviously a major problem, so why doesn't someone at Boost fix it?  Obviously the check that the system runs on addresses is broken, so it really makes little sense to keep the system the same.

The phone I would like to purchase is not available in my area.  Plus, if this would work (as it should) I would be able to buy it for close to half the price as I would walking into a store.  So basically the only solution that is available to me is a non-solution.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why nobody is able to help me with this... it's just crazy!  The only thing that I can think of is that the online promo codes are a scam and you aren't meant to order them when there is a deal in place.

Agent

We can clearly see how inconvenient this is. Please, accept our apology. We'll escalate this issue so the technical team can be aware of it.