Switching Phones

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Switching Phones

So. I have a question. I have a phone being mailed to me in 2 days max. And I was wondering how the switching process works. I took out the SIM card from my old phone and I heard you need to do the IMEI/ESN swap thing on the boost mobile website. Here is what im confused about

Do I put the Sim Card in the new phone and then do the IMEI/ESN swap or do I wait to do the swap and then place my Sim Card into the new phone

For extra context, im switching from a ZTE Max XL to a LG Stylos 4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Switching Phones

Understood. Please contact us once you receive the device so we can take a look at this. 

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Hi there! If you ordered the phone from our website, it should come with its own SIM card. Feel free to contact us when you have the phone to help you complete the swap. Besides this, do you have any other question or concern?    

Groupie

The phone is a phone my friend bought not that long ago by mistake when he realized he bought the wrong carrier, does it NEED to have a SIM card?

Agent

Did your friend purchase it from us? If so, it should have the SIM card in it. Please check it once you receive it. If does, you can transfer your services to a new phone on our website https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/sign-in.html?INTNAV=UtilNavRobot FrustratedignIn by Sign In with your phone number and PIN. Please follow the below steps and provide us an update. 

1.After logging into My Boost, scroll down to the My Device section and click on Swap Device. 
2.Enter the device information (ESN, IMEI, or MEID)
3.After the device information is entered twice, select Next and follow the prompts.
4.A success screen will appear.

If it doesn't have a SIM card, please contact us we take  look at this. 

Groupie

Im certain he got it from boost, but he told me he took his SIM card with him when he switched to another phone

Agent

Understood. Please contact us once you receive the device so we can take a look at this.