Phone order was declined twice, but you charged BOTH my cards

Groupie

Phone order was declined twice, but you charged BOTH my cards

I tried upgrading to a Galaxay S8 last night under the $1 down promotion, I tried twice to order it. Once on my debit card and once on my credit card, the charges are both for $62.28. So you have taken out a total of $124.56, even though the order didn't go through. Your site gave me an error message as if my card had been frozen by my bank, but that's not the case. I saw in an earlier question that the billing and shipping address need to match? WHY?! I am paying for it, so I should decide where it gets shipped to. I don't live in a nice neighborhood and I'd rather have a $600 phone delivered to my work rather than my home. I have already emailed Boost and tried calling with no luck, but I can't just sit here when you have pending charges of over $100 and I don't have a new phone. Please call me ASAP because I'm very upset . I wonder if this has happened to anyone else? Makes me want to switch carriers..

See more topics labeled with:
5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Phone order was declined twice, but you charged BOTH my cards

Hello there, @katypie12! Thank you for reaching out to us about this matter. We’re really sorry to hear about this experience. Can you please confirm if you have received the order keys for both attempts to place the orders? If not, it is more likely for the orders not to be valid, and if you see you were  charged it is because the cards was about to allow the payment but since it did not go through, the system put it the funds on hold, which will be released soon, depending on the bank.

Also, keep in mind that our payment does not allow customers to ship an order to a different address other than the card address. 
Thank you.

Groupie

I have not received any emails in regards to my phone orders.. If you need the shipping address to match the billing address then you should list that CLEARLY on your website when customers are purchasing phones. OR have the error message display the true cause of error instead of blaming it on my card. I'm now out $120+ and you can't even tell me when the charges will be dropped? This is ridiculous, I need that money. Please have someone call me immediately.
Agent

We understand your concerns, @katypie12! In this case, please get in touch with your bank to get more info about that. Thanks.

Groupie

I have already contacted my bank. There's nothing they can do because the pending charges are from Boost Mobile. They can't cancel them.. All I could do is submit the charges as fraud, which I shouldn't have to do!! It's beyond frustrating that you offer no help and no one will even call me!!!! So done with this company.
Agent

Did the bank confirm that the payments are pending or were you told by the bank that the charges are valid charges from Boost Mobile -- according to the bank account statements? If so, please send us a private message for further help.