Ordered Pre-Owned Phone and it was defective; next steps?

Groupie

Ordered Pre-Owned Phone and it was defective; next steps?

Dear Boost, can you please assist with this:

I ordered a pre-owned Samsung S6. It arrived yesterday and when I turned it on, I noticed the Home button was not working (touchscreen/volume/power buttons worked). 

I want to get a refund but I'm told that I need to pay to ship it back... I understand if I don't like it, I should pay to ship it back; but the phone was sent to me defective, can you please provide a prepaid return label or provide me an alternative solution where I am not out of money for something that should have worked in the first place (like return to Boost Mobile store).

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: Ordered Pre-Owned Phone and it was defective; next steps?

Really sorry to hear that, vfarn! Let’s get you taken care of. Can you please send us a private message with your Order Key?

Note: To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Enthusiast

hello, I have this problem as well where my phone has issues with some pretty major scratches on the display and rear of the phone. I ordered an S8+ pre-owned a few days ago and got it yesterday and discovered the scratches right away. I would like to get a replacement for the phone as soon as possible. I also agree with the post above by the user with the same problem. I received a damaged device and I understand if I don't like the device but if it's damaged I shouldn't have to pay for shipping. Is there a way you can send a return label and I can ship it back so I may use my new device? Thanks!
Agent

Hello, @juliemhume. Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please let us know when and where did you purchase the device?

Enthusiast

hello, I purchased my s8+ from boost Mobile online on Aug 15, Wednesday last week. It didn't arrive until yesterday.
Groupie

Don't hold your breath... I basically got a message saying that they can't do anything about the return shipping charge.

Enthusiast

yes that's exactly what I figured they'd say. that's a really dumb policy, if they send a broken phone, it should be returned by the seller not the user. I payed for the phone, that's all. No shipping or anything. why should I have to pay for it now? I just want it fixed bottom line
Agent

Thanks for the information, @juliemhume. To return the device, we'll need to create an RMA on your behalf. The customer is responsible for paying shipping charges when returning a device. 

To proceed with the RMA, please send us a private message with the Order Key, Email address, phone number, and PIN (if available).

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Accomplice

This still happens! Boost sent me an iPhone 7 with a faulty battery and a counterfeit screen that malfunctions. Despite the fact they sent me a defective phone, they want me to pay return shipping! What a trashy company sending defective phone and expecting us to send them back at our expense!

Prospective buyers/customer ask yourself this: Do you want to deal with a company that send you broken/defective junk then turns around and makes you pay shipping to get their junk back to them? Not only that it takes them up to 8 weeks to issue the refund! That’s 2-3 credit card billing cycles/ up to 56 days!!!