Ordered Pre-Owned Phone and it was defective; next steps?

Highlighted
Groupie

Ordered Pre-Owned Phone and it was defective; next steps?

Dear Boost, can you please assist with this:

I ordered a pre-owned Samsung S6. It arrived yesterday and when I turned it on, I noticed the Home button was not working (touchscreen/volume/power buttons worked). 

I want to get a refund but I'm told that I need to pay to ship it back... I understand if I don't like it, I should pay to ship it back; but the phone was sent to me defective, can you please provide a prepaid return label or provide me an alternative solution where I am not out of money for something that should have worked in the first place (like return to Boost Mobile store).

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Agent

Really sorry to hear that, vfarn! Let’s get you taken care of. Can you please send us a private message with your Order Key?

Note: To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Enthusiast

hello, I have this problem as well where my phone has issues with some pretty major scratches on the display and rear of the phone. I ordered an S8+ pre-owned a few days ago and got it yesterday and discovered the scratches right away. I would like to get a replacement for the phone as soon as possible. I also agree with the post above by the user with the same problem. I received a damaged device and I understand if I don't like the device but if it's damaged I shouldn't have to pay for shipping. Is there a way you can send a return label and I can ship it back so I may use my new device? Thanks!
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @juliemhume. Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please let us know when and where did you purchase the device?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

hello, I purchased my s8+ from boost Mobile online on Aug 15, Wednesday last week. It didn't arrive until yesterday.
Highlighted
Groupie

Don't hold your breath... I basically got a message saying that they can't do anything about the return shipping charge.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

yes that's exactly what I figured they'd say. that's a really dumb policy, if they send a broken phone, it should be returned by the seller not the user. I payed for the phone, that's all. No shipping or anything. why should I have to pay for it now? I just want it fixed bottom line
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for the information, @juliemhume. To return the device, we'll need to create an RMA on your behalf. The customer is responsible for paying shipping charges when returning a device. 

To proceed with the RMA, please send us a private message with the Order Key, Email address, phone number, and PIN (if available).

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Highlighted
Accomplice

This still happens! Boost sent me an iPhone 7 with a faulty battery and a counterfeit screen that malfunctions. Despite the fact they sent me a defective phone, they want me to pay return shipping! What a trashy company sending defective phone and expecting us to send them back at our expense!

Prospective buyers/customer ask yourself this: Do you want to deal with a company that send you broken/defective junk then turns around and makes you pay shipping to get their junk back to them? Not only that it takes them up to 8 weeks to issue the refund! That’s 2-3 credit card billing cycles/ up to 56 days!!!
Highlighted
Groupie

The phone I purchased also has a stuck home button, I need assistance on returning it for a non-defective device.