New customer, Paid for a plan, hours later still won't let me text or call

Highlighted
Enthusiast

New customer, Paid for a plan, hours later still won't let me text or call

This is so frustrating after finally switching to Boost Mobile, can anyone assist me? 

10 REPLIES
Agent

Re: New customer, Paid for a plan, hours later still won't let me text or call

Hi there, couscous33. Thank you very much  for contacting us. 

We're sorry for the inconvenience with the service. I think you probably need to program the phone. Is it Android or iPhone? 

Enthusiast

Customer service helped me solve it. The problem was I only paid $50 for the unlimited plan, when I was supposed to do $60 for the initial charge. I added $10 to the account and it worked immediately. Thanks!

Agent

Thanks for clarifying that! Yes, that happens. Remember that you can get back to us whenever you need for further assistance. We remain at your service. 

Enthusiast

Having the same problem
Enthusiast

You need to pay the amount of your monthly plan(mine was 50 a month), plus 10 dollars extra for activation. Double check your bank account number and see if you still need to add the 10.
Agent

Sorry to hear that, Carebear11. Let's do some investigating. Did you activate a new or a pre-owned device?

Enthusiast

A preowned iPhone 7
Agent

Thank you for the information, Carebear11. Certified Pre-Owned phones purchased online will be subject to our standard $10 one-time reactivation charge at the time of activation but will receive a $10 account credit to offset that charge. You can find the details here https://www5.boostmobile.com/?INTNAV=TopNavRobot FrustratedupportRobot tonguelansAndServices#!/support/faq/phones-devices/phone-....

Enthusiast

My debit card keeps getting declined