My n9519 screen is destroyed (what are my options?)??

My n9519 screen is destroyed (what are my options?)??

The screen on my ZTE n9519 is destroyed. The upper part is black, the entire screen is shattered, it is full of flickering static, and I cannot see a thing. However, it responds to my finger just fine, as though, it's never been damaged... surprisingly. When I contacted my local repair shop, the guy who took my call, instead of giving me a price quote recommended I just buy a new phone, claiming it to be an older model.

I'm currently torn between buying a new phone (yet there is one new device in particular that i'm interested in) which is $49.99 or paying only $26 or so for a screen replacement kit on Amazon and trying to replace the screen myself? I'm completely inexperienced in replacing phone screens. I like the LG Tribute Dynasty, its name, the fact that the screen size is the same as my current n9519 (1280 × 720 aspect ratio), and it's thinner than the n9519, but it's slightly smaller. If it were bigger in width and height, but thinner, than the n9519, I'd be all over it, because i like bigger thinner phones. Additionally, especially since my replenishment bill is due, I kind of rather spend lesser money verses spending more of it on purchasing a new device just because the screen is destroyed (though i think i've done that before, i just can't remember).

I know it's my choice to make but admittedly i do need a bit of assistance making the right choice here. What would you guys either recommend i do or would do if this were your situation? Thanks