My Boost phone order keeps getting cancelled

Groupie

My Boost phone order keeps getting cancelled

I keep trying to order a new phone on the installment plan, and each time I receive an email confirmation that it went through with a confirmation number. Then the next day, when I come online to check status, the order has been cancelled. The only time I was able to get through to someone on the phone, they said the bank had cancelled it. I checked with my bank and they advised this is not accurate. I have also attempted to use a different credit card than the previous one and I get the same result. Why is this happening?

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: My Boost phone order keeps getting cancelled

Hey there, cdupuis80! Looks like we’ll need to do some investigating. Can you private message us your phone number and pin so that we can verify your account first? Thanks!

My phone order has been canceled TWICE. Once yesterday, saying my bank declined it (FALSE, i checked with Bank of America) and I re-ordered today with my CITIbank card. Citibank immediately called to ask if I had placed the order and I said yes. They approved it and then I just got an email from Boost that this second order was canceled. After doing a lot of digging to get an actual human on the phone, they told me they couldn't help me because I wouldn't give her my credit card number over the phone! (This was not to buy a phone, it was just to check the order). She said she'd escalate it and send me an email. She didn't/hasn't. I see from this thread and many others that this is a Boost problem because it happens a lot. I will NOT go in person to a store because the deal for the iphone is not honored at the store. This is either bait and switch or some shadiness because this happens A LOT. Also, my credit card (the original one) is clearly valid since it is the one boost uses to charge my account every month and has done so for the past few years.

Get you stuff together, Boost. I am tired of being treated like a criminal for trying to purchase a cheap, used phone.

Agent

Hi, alienmartin. Let's do some investigating. Please send us a private message with the account phone number, pin code, and the order number. 

Thanks for the useless info. You PM me that you don't know why it was terminated twice due to "fraud" and direct me to an in-person store. That is ZERO helpful for the aforementioned reasons: you don't have the same phone deals in person, my banks denied canceling the orders. This is a Boost problem, continues to be a Boost problem, and your lack of help is enough for me to leave my 10+ years with Boost. 

"Thanks. It appears that your recent Phone Order did not pass our Order System Fraud Checks. Unfortunately, we do not have any specific information on why the order was cancelled due to Fraud but you can visit the Boost Mobile website at www.boostmobile.com to find a local dealer location to purchase a device. "

Agent

Sorry to hear that. Please let us know if you have any questions, or if we can be of further assistance.