Local Boost Office Being Scandelous

Highlighted
Accomplice

Local Boost Office Being Scandelous

I went down to my local boost store in Bellevue Ky to have a sprint phone activated on a plan I already had with boost.   First off I thought it was insane for them to charge me 25$ to have the phone activated!  The guy working finally got it setup but I went down there with just my new phone that I was transferring from sprint to boost with my old SIM card from my active line on my account inserted into the new phone. Thinking it would just transfer. He told me he couldn’t use that SIM card so you think he would just give me a new SIM card for the phone I was transferring over.  He did no such thing. He went on and activated it on the original SIM card and told me to put it back in phone and it should work. Luckily I got home and it worked, but I would hope the 25$ I paid would have covered a replacement SIM card, but besides all that when he was finally done I asked him for a receipt especially since I was taking his word that it would work once I got home. He said if you want a receipt he’ll have to charge me sales tax....  this makes me think he was trying to pocket the money from me without boost knowing or he was truly trying to be a nice guy and save me 2$. I’m voting it was towards benefiting his pocket. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but mainly looking for advice on how to issue a formal complaint on my local office.?

Also the reps name on invoice is Jordan.M. The invoice doesn’t have my name or account listed anywhere on it. And for the description it says “SS Upgrade”

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accomplice

So I called customer service to complain and was told that the boost stores are privately owned and can set their own prices. If this is true why isn’t this stated on the Boost website. The guy I spoke with even said that it should have only cost me 10$. I’m definitely looking into switching to Verizon Wireless. Also said if I let you speak to our supervisor he’ll just tell me the same thing!!!! Wt is wrong with this company!!!!