Impossible to order a phone through Boost Mobile

Highlighted
Groupie

Impossible to order a phone through Boost Mobile

I have been trying to order a phone for 5 days now.  Each order has been cancelled every single time.  I have tried repeatedly to contact Support for some assistance in this matter, and I have gotten the same questions regarding my address with respect to the correlation between billing, shipping, and card address alignment.  It's all aligned and everything matches by the way.

I have been a loyal Boost Mobile customer for over 6 years, and within that time span have purchased at least 8 phones.  I also have 3 lines currently associated with my account.  My information has not changed over the course of this time period.  In fact, I just ordered another phone for my son for Christmas, and THAT transaction went through.  I recently tried to order myself a new phone, and that's when the nightmare began.

I tried using PayPal.  The order was cancelled.  I tried using my debit card.  The order was cancelled.  I tried using a different credit card.  The order was cancelled.  I even had my wife try and order the phone for me using one of her credit cards.  The order was cancelled.  I had 2 different Boost Mobile reps try and order the item for me while speaking to them on the phone.  The orders were cancelled.  

I even called my bank and had them on the phone with me and a Boost Mobile representative.  The bank told them they are approving each and every transaction, but Boost keeps refunding the approved amount and the order gets cancelled.

Should it really be this hard to give a company money for products they are trying to sell?!

I understand that they have added "security measures" to help fight against fraud, but when you have a verified customer on the phone, AND the financial institution also on the phone approving the amount, how is this not enough to verify that nothing fraudulent is happening?  It's absolutely ridiculous.

I spoke to yet another customer service rep this morning, and was told I have to wait 72 hours for a response on possible resolution to this issue.  Now mind you, I was told 4 days ago from the first rep I spoke with that it would take up to 72 hours.  Every time I have spoken to a different customer support technician, an additional 72hrs gets added.

To reiterate, I have been giving Boost Mobile my business for over 6 years.  I have made multiple purchases over those years.  I have used the same credit card each and every time.  My address has not changed.  NOTHING has changed.  I have spoken to at least a half a dozen Boost Mobile support people (some of whom were supervisors).  I have spent literally HOURS on the phone with them.  I even had my bank on the phone with me while talking to them, and I STILL can't order a phone, and have to wait ANOTHER 72hrs.  

I am less than optimistic that after yet another 72hrs of waiting, my next attempt will not get cancelled again.  I'm almost expecting it to happen again.  

I will try again after this next 72hrs have passed, but if this continues, I am going to consider moving on to another service provider that can actually provide me with something as simple as a new phone.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there drabena. We do apologize for this inconveniences. The 72 hours time frame will allow the system ti reset and then you may try again. After so many miss attempts, the system will consider the tries fraudulent and it will raise red flags. We do apologize.  

Highlighted
Groupie

Two of the failed attempts were made by Boost Mobile representatives while I was on the phone with them.  They suggested they try and place the order, which also failed.  On a different occasion, as I mentioned earlier, I actually had a representative from my bank on the phone call with Boost Mobile to verify everything on my behalf.  If after all of that, your system still thinks the activity is fraudulent, then you need to re-evaluate the flaws in your system.  You are losing business because of this faulty system.