Gift Refund - Horrible Service

Highlighted

Gift Refund - Horrible Service

For Fathers Day, I gifted my Dad $100 to put toward a new phone through the Boost Mobile "GIfting" option on the website. He is currently in the hospital. It said NOTHING about what you can use the money for, and of course it turns out that he CAN'T use it to buy a new phone. So, I called to get the money refunded, and of course, your customer service reps couldn't help me AT ALL and were not helpful or friendly. *I* paid the money into his account. It's my debit card, and yet they said they can't refund it because it's 'not my account.' WHY DO YOU HAVE A GIFT OPTION IF YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE THE GIFT IN THE FIRST PLACE?! Completely ridiculous. Basically, your rep told me I have to go DISPUTE the charge with my bank. THAT IS HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @piperfiske. We're sorry to hear that you feel that way. Please send us a private message so we can take a closer look.

Highlighted

I have already been on the phone twice with your customer service reps, and they already 'took a closer look.' I have now spent 30 minutes on hold with my bank and disputed the charge. Now, they have to call Boost to negotiate, send me a letter in the mail, and several other steps to resolve this, which is MUCH more difficult than resolving the situation with me by just refunding the payment. A word of warning to anyone reading this.: DO NOT USE BOOST'S GIFT PAYMENT FUNCTION. They won't help you if anything happens later. And in fact, I'd recommend not using Boost mobile for phone service AT ALL, if this is how they handle what should be a simple, straight-forward problem. GLAD I'M NOT A BOOST CUSTOMER.