Free month of service

Groupie

Free month of service

I had purchased Boost Mobile a Boost Phone for my daughter last year.  I then decided to add my grandson under the Family Plan.  To save money, I decided to switch to Boost as well and also added my sister and brother-in-law.  Boost was running a promotion for a free month of service when you switched, so all three of us received a text message, and I quote "BSTFreeMsg; Welcome to Boost Mobile! As a new Family Plan member, enjoy your first month of service on us.  For more info click here: http://msg4u.us/OggQ6".

The bill was still showing $170 for all five lines, so I called customer care, and they informed me that I would have to go to the store where the phones were purchased.  I went to the store and showed the message to the manager, who proceeded to call Boost Mobile with his store information.  After he and I argued with about four different people, including supervisors, there is still no resolution to this problem.  I need help IMMEDIATELY, since the bill is due today.

35 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Free month of service

I would be just as upset as you are, @shelbar64.  If you have not already resolved the situation, I'd like @Hamilton to look in on you.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Agent

Hello @shelbar64.

A private message has been sent to further assist you.

its unclear to me wether ill recieve a free month of service or not

Thanks
Enthusiast

I just got the same message from boost today. So can someone make this a lil clearer.. Do i really have a momth free or no
Agent

Hello @KCASTEEL. When you add a line to your family plan, you will get $30 on your account to cover that line's first month. You can get more information about this promotion visiting your nearest Boost Mobile store.

I understand free promotions to gain new customers. What I don't understand, is why boost is only providing the same free month to what seems like randomly chosen existing customers? I have been with boost for a lot longer than my cousin who received a message giving her credit for a free month when I have been with you guys for years longer? Where is the loyalty to your loyal customers?

Yes I actually did receive a free month of service, but it wasn't until the second month of service. I was suppose to pay $107 but they only charged me $7. So I was like, "do I keep this money just in case" I didn't want to spend it then get charged later. Well, I never got charged so that was a cool surprise. I'm just upset about the taxes now. Why did I just pay $107 but now paid $112?? Should be consistent every month. 

Highlighted
Groupie

Me n my husband went with the family plan , you guys credited our account free on month. The very next day , it was inturrupted. . I'm very upset. That's the whole reason I bought the boost phone. Because I couldn't pay the bill and u guys had a special going. If it is not fixed by tomorrow I will be selling our phones to MetroPCS